Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Semester Two Timetable

• 20-12-2008 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Anyone have any idea how I can get my semester two timetable because that new website is doing my head in!!!

Can't find it on cit.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

Went looking for it myself aswell too. Used like the room timetable for free computer labs. There doesnt seem to be any internal sites section on the new website, usualy what im looking for i google ie "exam cit" "notes cit" tryed doing this for timetable but no luck.

Does anyone have an old timetable page bookmarked? Maybe that would work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭yy885

http://timetables.cit.ie/

This is the one, but it seems like they turn it off because the NEW TIMETABLE is not publish yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Princess Lou

Ya but I could get my semester 2 timetable on the old site it was published ages ago but I didnt bother printing it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

the web address for the old cit webpage is old.cit.ie but clicking on the timetables link there just brings u to the same page again and it doesn't work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 sonky353

Can only be accessed internally! Tried myself there in college last week tho and it wasnt working...must be messing up again like last semester!!!!

• Advertisement

well once the timetable is published, there will have an email from them which will include all the information about the Semester Two .

so..for now...enjoy the christmas first! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

Twil be a few weeks yet before we see this timetable me thinks...

And besides, the first drafts never last very long anyway...

agree...in sm 1, my timetable had been change at least 4 times...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I can see huge problems again in semester 2. Sure we havn't even decided what modules we doing yet. How they suppose to make a timetable without that information.

I don't know about the others but I am sure that the dead line for first year for the elective module was the week before we start the xmas holiday...

• Advertisement

Computing department is all over the gaf...so we don't count id say. We will suffer however

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Webmonkey wrote: »
    I can see huge problems again in semester 2. Sure we havn't even decided what modules we doing yet. How they suppose to make a timetable without that information.

How come u didn't pick your subjects? They told us that we had until before we headed off for our christmas break to hand them in if u were doing something in the comp dept. Otherwise if you were doing something else u had to hand it in the wednesday before the week off

suppafly wrote: »
    How come u didn't pick your subjects? They told us that we had until before we headed off for our christmas break to hand them in if u were doing something in the comp dept. Otherwise if you were doing something else u had to hand it in the wednesday before the week off
    Ok seems to be just DNET4/DCOM4. We were given a thing just to give them an idea what we wanted to do but it wasn't bound. I don't think we even get a choice anyways of what we want to do so maybe that why they didn't give them to us.

The same **** is going to happen this semester now, be a month before anything gets sorted. The FYP is all I'm seriously worrying about. We'll see how we get on anyways :(

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Computing department is all over the gaf...so we don't count id say.

There's never been a truer word spoken.

But lads lads lads, after next week we'll have a few weeks of holidays. Relax - college will sort itself out by April. Let's not worry about how the cogs turn until we're back in the machine...holidays lads. Enjoy!! Take up surfing. It's helped ease my hatred for CIT's administrative flabbergasts tenfold...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Jasperman

Ok ya i know this is my first post but meh. I've seen no mention of the email that was sent out over the new system. (www.mycit.ie forgive me if i missed the mention was reading through quickly)

Anyways they sent out an application form attached to this email, and yes it was due to be handed in sometime around the 8th of Dec i think my class got something like 5 days to choose.

As for the computing department dam they are all over the place. never seem to be able to sort out free modules, i say we were lucky to get our id cards working on the comp labs.

Thats why this year ive opted for free choices in the electronics department and hey i actually had one so far :D

and if your looking for semester 2 timetables make sure to have it changed to semester 2 (instead of this week in a drop down menu took me a week last year to notice that i felt like a fool)
    The timetables server is iffy as well ive found it works only during college hours( day hours) although i dont know if they are updating it or not :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Lenin

So when does Semester 2 actually start? I was out there last thursday and there wasn't a soul around...

suppose to be 2-2-2009, correct me if I am wrong \o/

Lenin wrote: »
    So when does Semester 2 actually start? I was out there last thursday and there wasn't a soul around...

Not til next month man :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Jasperman

Lenin wrote: »

i believe that to be the 2nd of Feb.
    If your a first year you should have gotten a calender on your induction day.
    If not im sure it was said somewhere. Dont know all i remember is..... acquiring a calendar :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement