Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing in Galway City?

Options
  • 20-12-2008 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭

Hey all,

I got into fishing there last Summer, caught a load of mackerel and fed our house of students for a couple of months!

I've never fished for anything apart from mackerel and would love to give something else a try... is there anything you can catch off the shore this time of year in Galway???

Thanks for any advice,

Joe

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

The Sea Angling Ireland Shore marks page is worth a look, some good tips there. They give some locations & the possible species, there's a few tips as well. For more tips on the different species their forums are very good, and there's a fantastic thread here by popanddrop with lots of tips for different techniques and species.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Its getting quiet this time of year, but there are still some flounder knocking about, and you'll pick up small coalfish, pouting and whiting, but hard to get anything big enough for the pot. The fishing will pick up again around March.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

i kno its not galway city but oughterard is a great spot for fishing once the season starts again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 lenny curtin

do you know if the makerel are in galway city now the pier and salthill

Advertisement