Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milwaukee tools pack.

Options
  • 20-12-2008 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭

<---- Electrical Contractor. Got a call from a guy up north about power tools; "Ace Fixings". Checked his site and was very interested in the Milwaukee V28 cordless power tools pack offer for £499 (€533 ATM).

http://www.acefixings.com/special-offers/id/12/incredible-offer-buy-milwaukee-28v-sds-hammer-drill-and-28v-percussion-drill-for-only-499/

v28powerpackg.jpg

Thought i best just get a price from an ROI supplier and called "M Donnelly & Co. Ltd" where i bought my last Milwaukee rotary hammer drill. A slack jaw answered the phone and was unable to handle my query so he took my number. Slacko gets back on and stumbles through telling me they can do the pack for €800. ?!?! No thanks i say, got have a quote for 500 sterlings. "Ehh hold on a sec". I wait and am passed on to a chap i preume should have taken my call in the first place, the salesman. Says hello <pause>. I was passed on, i said. Had no clue about the enquiry so i gotta list it all again and quote back his price to me and the Ace Fixings one. I asked his was he interested in moving or making an offer. "That price must be a mistake" was his reply. Im thinking if you worked for me id be sending you a P45 for a Xmas card.

Site: http://www.mdonnelly.ie/milwaukee-tools-page20997.html

This country has forgotten what it means to compete for business. Next few years will shake out these lazy feckers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Couldn't agree more, great you gave them the opportunity to match.

The retailers will have to remember the 'good old days' when customers were important.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

So... you ring somewhere that doesn't have the pack, and surprise, surprise, everything bought by itself added up at a dearer VAT costs more?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

They said they did have the pack. Its pictured on the website. BTW I have a contracting business so all prices Ex. VAT.

So if someone who hadn't got a business wanted to buy them then.

Ace Fixings = €614.06 (£573.85) Incl. VAT @15%
    M Donnelly = €972.00 Incl. VAT @21.5%

A difference of €357.94. Keep in mind that M Donnelly don't list their prices to the public for buying. What i got was a trade price and i wouldn't be surprised if they quoted €900+ Ex. VAT to the man off the street.

Oh BTW i forgot to mention! The guy up north is delivering it free in the new year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

The pack that you show in the picture is not the same as the one the guy from the North is selling. He is selling just two drills (no angle grinder).

Kit G (as per Irish site) includes angle-grinder. You sure donnellys were not quoting this, as your picture.
    Pack G

V28AG Angle Grinder
    V28PD/O Percussion Drill
    Angle Grinder Body
    Drill Body
    2 Batteries
    1 Charger
    3 Discs

Enclosed picture from ace;
    Pack contains a V28HX hammer drill, a V28PD percussion drill, two 28V 3.0Ah batteries, a charger and a contractors bag.

• Advertisement

Positive, i saw the pic of the pack (even though its paired with wrong description) and that's why i phoned to ask was it available and they said yes. I never mentioned any (pack G) or the website. I repeated it to two of them. Anyway who cares they quoted me over €250 dearer for the same gear, that's the point

Advertisement