Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

merlin car auctions

Options
  • 20-12-2008 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

There was a 2008 manuel GTI golf up for auction today any one know what it when for??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

frag4 wrote: »
    There was a 2008 manuel GTI golf up for auction today any one know what it when for??

Maybe it went to meet other Volkswagons :o

Seriously though, friend of mine had enough of trying to get rid of his 2004 BMW 3 Series M3 and put it in and said shag it. It didn't even meet his reserve price of 7000eur :eek:

Tis most definitely a buyer's market. Where you thinking of buying it? How come you didn't go along?

Nico

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 00D911

Nico22 wrote: »
    Maybe it went to meet other Volkswagons :o

Seriously though, friend of mine had enough of trying to get rid of his 2004 BMW 3 Series M3 and put it in and said shag it. It didn't even meet his reserve price of 7000eur :eek:

Tis most definitely a buyer's market. Where you thinking of buying it? How come you didn't go along?

Nico

7000eur for a 2004 M3 !!!!

What was wrong with it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

00D911 wrote: »
    7000eur for a 2004 M3 !!!!

What was wrong with it ??

+100000000

I'll give him 7k for it right now lol.

+100000000

I'll give him 7k for it right now lol.

Not sure if it was Merlin's or Wilson's but the lowest he was willing to come home with was 7000 and that was after fees. So I take it it's 300 or 400 fees maybe? I'll ask him tomorrow.

He has since sold it for 9,500 to another mate of ours and that was only cause he cause he offered him a payment plan deal of 5000eur cash and 500 a month for 9 months.

As far as what was wrong with it .. nothing very big. Needed the timing belt done as there was 73,000 on it and it hadn't been done and tyres were needed and a water pump.

From what I remember the bidding started at 1000 but only went to 5,300 or something like that and then they just said that the car was 'provisionally' sold or something.

Just know he had a small amount of time in order to make up his mind and except the highest bid or pull the car and just take the loss of the fee on the chin - which is what he did.

I have heard a few worse horror stories about friends of friends - not sure how true they are.

I mean, I just sold my 2001 A3 1.6 Auto Attraction for 5,000 EUR (granted, I did give them 750 Eur back :)) so I think there is still a market for well liked cars with average miles that have service history and mint inside and out.

I know I'd pay over the odds if I thought I was getting value for money. No point always going for the cheapest if you end up with a money pit.

Nico

.. friend of mine had enough of trying to get rid of his 2004 BMW 3 Series M3 and put it in and said shag it. It didn't even meet his reserve price of 7000eur :eek:

Nico

Eh, quick question - would that fact that it was a 2004 320D with an M3 Bodykit and not actually an M3 have any bearing on the matter? :p

Nico <--- total muppet at times :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

[quote=Nico22;I mean, I just sold my 2001 A3 1.6 Auto Attraction for 5,000 EUR Nico[/quote]

If Hell exists my friend you will experience it...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Eh, quick question - would that fact that it was a 2004 320D with an M3 Bodykit and not actually an M3 have any bearing on the matter? :p

Nico <--- total muppet at times :D

Ahhhh right, he can keep it so;)

What do they says, things that seem to good to be true hah:D

Fishtits wrote: »
    If Hell exists my friend you will experience it...

Why?

Advertisement