Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WARNING thieves at work

Options
  • 20-12-2008 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi all
    my mother was shopping in lidl last wek when a foriegn national asked her if she had change for a trolley ,my mum took out her purse and the b***h grabbed her purse and ran off and i know of another person who was in superquinn and unloaded her shopping and went to return her trolley ,she thought she pressed the remote control to lock the car but it seems for some reason car didn't lock and when she returned her handbag and other bags in the front seat were gone, two youths were seen hanging around the carpark earlier and hopefully garda will be able to identify them from cctv.
    take extra care all of you and don't let scum like this ruin your christmas.;););)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

What makes you think it was the youths??? just because they were young lads dont make them thieves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

hmmm :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

What makes you think it was the youths??? just because they were young lads dont make them thieves

Maybe they were young foreign nationals:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Extra handy hint: Don't leave your car unlocked and don't give money to strangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Gauge wrote: »
    Extra handy hint: Don't leave your car unlocked and don't give money to strangers.

Trust nobody and may as well pack a piece. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭harly1516

Maybe they were young Irish men saying GIVE ME CHANGE NOW

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

A Roma gypsy the ones that sell roses were up in court a couple of weeks ago for pickpocketing people.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭scatty

do you have a problem about me stating what i was told i only put this post on as a timely reminder to be extra aware ,it was not my intention to cause offence to anyone ,the part about the foriegn national is a fact and i did not just state it to be malicious ,HOW ABOUT LAYING OFF ALL THIS PC ****E and just takethe post the way it was meant :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭englander

Thieves seem to be in operation in the loughboy/Larchfield area also.
    Heard of someone getting bag nicked recently from car as they were unloading their shopping and kids.

Youths up to no good probably.
    There seem to be loads of them around playing football against cars and throwing stones at each other near where I live.

Where the feck are their parents. Saying that though I saw one of the local shisters playing tennis in the street with his mother thudding the ball and racket off any car that happened to be in the way.

When do schools go back ? Notfeckinsoonenoughforme.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

scatty wrote: »
    do you have a problem about me stating what i was told i only put this post on as a timely reminder to be extra aware ,it was not my intention to cause offence to anyone ,the part about the foriegn national is a fact and i did not just state it to be malicious ,HOW ABOUT LAYING OFF ALL THIS PC ****E and just takethe post the way it was meant :mad::mad:

Take it easy please. There are plenty of Irish youths who would rob you blind. Its not like we are all saints now is it. Lets not blame anybody in particular as the cause of crime and keep the anger under control.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    A Roma gypsy the ones that sell roses were up in court a couple of weeks ago for pickpocketing people.

In other earth shattering news, non-Romas regularly appear in court in their thousands charged with all manner of offences, including murder. Yes, even the white ones with flash suits, mortgages and two cars in the garage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I don't think it's ever any harm to warn people to be on their guard, regardless of the age and ethnicity of the alleged perpetrators.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Elderly local chap was out walking about two weeks ago coming back from post office and a women pulled up beside him in a car asking could she use his phone, he said he couldn't leave anyone into his house and she was doing alot of messing about trying to confuse him.,

Anyway she left and he continued on his way home way to unlock his frontdoor and found his wallet was gone and along with it his double pension for the christmas period.,.....pure scumbags out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Cabaal wrote: »
    Elderly local chap was out walking about two weeks ago coming back from post office and a women pulled up beside him in a car asking could she use his phone, he said he couldn't leave anyone into his house and she was doing alot of messing about trying to confuse him.,

Anyway she left and he continued on his way home way to unlock his frontdoor and found his wallet was gone and along with it his double pension for the christmas period.,.....pure scumbags out there!

God, that is shocking :(

I hope he reported it.

Advertisement