Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boost Mobile GSM Signal

Options
  • 20-12-2008 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi All,
    I have a three bar indoor signal strength indication on my Nokia mobile that fades and returns with the slightest movement. Does anybody have info on how the signal can be improved for home use. Its fine with the car kit.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

New apartments by any chance? If you stand near the window, and then open it, does the signal get better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Flo2

Yes just walking outside the signal improves. Is there a means of improving the signal indoors

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

What it sounds like is that you have 'argon gas' in the windows. Its a higher compression of gas, used for better heat/sound insulation. Without replacing the windows or removing the gas, there aint much that can be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Flo2

Thanks for your help. I have just read on the internet that you can install an outside arerial and plug in to mobile phone. The trouble is my Nokia does not have an aerial socket:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

sorry to be dragging up an old thread but i've been battling with meteor to get off the contract due to poor coverage for months now.. I'vr heard of devices that can amplify the signal strength? Meteor deny these exist but thats cos they're fools.. moving on swiftly.
    Has anybody bought one?
    Do they work?
    I live in well known radio dead spot in Dunboyne...

[rant] they're too busy investing in 3G coverage at the moment to invest in good gsm coverage [/rant]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 junomurphy

Flo2 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I have a three bar indoor signal strength indication on my Nokia mobile that fades and returns with the slightest movement. Does anybody have info on how the signal can be improved for home use. Its fine with the car kit.

Hi Did you get anything useful on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Vodafone have a signal booster product: http://www.vodafone.ie/mobilephoneservices/suresignal/

Advertisement