Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I import an airsoft gun from Asia to R.o.Ireland?

Options
  • 20-12-2008 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Can I import an airsoft gun from Asia to R.o.Ireland?

As I have a firend living in Asia and I wnat him to ship a asst rifle(M4 ris) to me...

But will it stop by the custom? or will I get any trouble from any government department?

thanks for answer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

no problem with importing, just be aware it must be shooting below the 1joule limit before importation, it could get stopped by customs but as long as its within the legal power you should have no problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭buzzymcg

You can get it in no problem but just make sure your mate puts the proper documentation on it (customs forms with the value declared on it). You will have to pay duty on it if customs snag it but if its coming by post there's a good chance it will get through. (Worked in the post office so seen them in action). So if your mate can post it your laughing:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah its perfectly legal to import, although even if the gun is perfectly legal it can be sent off to garda balistics by customs and spend months in there, be sure its under 1J and you should be fine, although customs have been really pickey over the last month or so.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭yy885

I live in co.cork...and do you people know where is the nearest airsoft shop around?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

i dunno if theres an actual walk in shop but theres an online one, i think its corkairsoftshop.com.,

• Advertisement
Advertisement