Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was i overcharged for AC/DC tickets?

Options
  • 20-12-2008 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Im pretty sure this does not go against the MCD thing since its not a query about the gig itself.
    I got 2 tickets the other day at a Spar/ticketmaster outlet for the punchestown gig.
    Anyway they are 76.50 each and there is a sign saying €2 charge per ticket.
    So anyway after i got them (long gone from there by then) i noticed the ticket price i was charged was €78.75 (tickets say €76.50 incl booking fee). Also the €4 service charge was on there too. So was i overcharged for the ticket or is there another fee added on that i do not know about?
    Just curious before i go back to ask them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

I'm guessing the extra €2 is the agent fee. Obviously, ticket pricing is rediculous in that no-one knows what's included or not, but I think this is how it works in your case:

Promoters have to include the booking fee which goes to the promotors agents (including Ticketmaster) in the ticket price, by law, because it's not possible to buy the ticket without paying that bookng fee.

However non-Ticketmaster-owned Ticketmaster agents (say that when you're drunk!) also need a cut of the action, so they charge an Agents' Fee on top of the ticket+booking fee. That agent fee pays the labour involved in serving the ticket (the dude at the ticket desk), etc.

You can go to a Ticketmaster-owned Ticketmaster agent and avoid that Agents' fee, so it's not included in the advertised price (because it is avoidable). Think that's how it works anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Im not sure you understood me. I was not querying the €2 fee per ticket, that was explained on a sign and was added on to the receipt. Im asking about the fact the ticket price was more than what the actual ticket said.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

It's 76.50 for the ticket and a 2.25 agency fee for each ticket. Agency fee is always 2.25. Sign was either wrong or you misread it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Saruman wrote: »
    Im not sure you understood me. I was not querying the €2 fee per ticket, that was explained on a sign and was added on to the receipt. Im asking about the fact the ticket price was more than what the actual ticket said.
    The ticket was only part of what you paid for.

You paid for the ticket to the event plus the service of getting the ticket therefore the price you see printed on the ticket does not include the full price of what you paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

So you are saying then that a ticketmaster agent not only charges €2.25 on top of each tickets price, but can on top of that charge another €2 per ticket as a "service" charge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

They can charge what they like once it's not hidden from the consumer.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

I worked at a music store with a ticketmaster outlet. The tickets were strictly face value and 2.25 agency fee per ticket. The shop itself never charged anything over this. Those fees are conducted through the ticketmaster system. Anything on top of that charged to you for your acdc tickets at that outlet was what that outlet charged and I would not believe it to be the norm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Smileyx

What was the cost price of two acdc tickets for punchestown with booking fee bought from the ticketmaster website?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Please don't drag up old threads.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement