Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laois Premier broadband

Options
  • 20-12-2008 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I received very good customer service from Premier Broadband. Their technician can and tested for signal strength from the rooftop and after finding a signal installed the aerial on the chimney and connected up to my computer all within 1.5hrs. I signed up for 4GB that is the max available. I have tested the BB speed and receive 3.75MB during the day however from 5pm onwards this falls as low as 1.56MB.I wonder what speed the 2MB customers receive after 5pm:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Magzr

contention contention contention.

If you are on 20:1, 20KB/s is the lowest before premier is breaking their contract with you. 3.75Mbps is perfect for 4Mbps considering overheads.

There is a bit difference too between 1.56MB and 1.56Mbps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Flo2

I am using a UK based web page speed tester and today sunday at 11am the test results showed a download speed of 3.49MBps and an upload speed of 1.830KBps. I will try after 5pm this evening and compare finfings

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭trabpc

Is it Premier Satellite one way Broadband?

How do you up load?

what is Max allowance (GB) p/m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Flo2

My understanding is that I receive BB from a Transmitting Aerial located on the Sleive Bloom Mountain. There are three speeds available 2mb, 3mb, and max 4mb. You can upload your photos or other data to a secure web site. There are many available, this frees up your computer hard disc space.

Advertisement