Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atm didnt give me money but it is debited from my account

Options
  • 20-12-2008 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

I was up in Enniskillen on Thursday and used the ATM outside Tesco to take out £400. A message appeared on the screen to say that the transaction could not be completed. I had enough money in my account so I figured that because I was using a different bank machine (I have an account with Permanent TSB) I would need to reduce the amount I wanted to withdraw.

I ended up been able to take £250 out of the machine. This evening I went to do some online banking and my statement is showing that I took £400 out at 12.26 and £250 out at 12.28. I need to get in contact with the bank to get this sorted but wont be able to until Monday at this stage(Customer Service line shuts at 2pm on Sat). Has this happened to anybody else and if so is it a big hassle to get the money back? I still have the receipt for £250 I got.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 BigSerious

Normally the atm will recognise the error the next working day and refund the cash to your account. If this doesn't happen you will have to call into your bank to fill in a form to dispute the transaction. Normally takes a few days for refund to appear. In my experience anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

This happened to me recently. I went straight to my bank and filled in a transaction query but before that could even be processed the other bank had refunded the money. Go to your own bank first thing monday morning to fill in the form anyway but it seems a very simple and efficient system to quickly sort out errors

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Thanks for the advice. I thought it would be a long slog to get the money refunded as the ATM was a Royal Bank of Scotland one up North and my account is wth Permanent TSB. I will go into my bank first thing in the morning so.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Just an update to my post.

I went into Permanent TSB first thing on Monday morning and explained the situation. I brought the ATM receipt for the money that I did get so that had the Bank Machine number etc on it. The lady I spoke to filled out a claim form for me and told me that it should be sorted out in a few days but with the xmas break it will probably be next week before I see the money. I checked my bank account this morning and the money has not been put back in yet so hopefully next week it will be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

Fingers crossed!

Stick to your guns if they dispute your claim.

I got the money back :D . I checked my account this morning and it turns out that the money was put back in to my account on Xmas Eve. It must have been done in the afternoon as I had checked my account that morning and the money wasnt there.

Thanks everybody for your advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

That is good to hear. I seem to recall previous threads that weren't successful.

Advertisement