Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Req] Most Competitive Sites to Buy New Books (incl Delivery to Ireland)

Options
  • 20-12-2008 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I’m putting together an up to date list of competitive websites for Irish residents to buy brand new books, taking delivery to Ireland into account. I intend the purpose of this thread to be the ultimate reference point before shopping around. The below is data I have gathered so far, in order of competitiveness in relation to the one book I was looking for. If you know something I don’t, please feel free to share.

(Unless stated otherwise, I’m unsure if you’re subject to a compulsory excessive Euro/Sterling exchange rate).

Thanks In Advance for all contributions.

1. Sendit.com – Free delivery to Ireland and AFAIK allows you to pay in sterling.
    2. TheHut.com – Stg0.99p delivery charge to Ireland.
    3. Play.com- “Free” delivery to Ireland but compulsory excessive Euro/Stg exchange which can amount to a sizable delivery charge.
    4. BookDepository.co.uk- Free delivery to Ireland.
    5. Amazon.co.uk- Stg0.99p delivery per item subject to min charge Stg3.99p charge per order.
    6. BooksUnlimited.ie- €5.50 delivery for first 2 books, €2.50 per book thereafter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

Did you forget about Easons?

They are only charging a maximum of €4 for the first book and a maximum of €2 for each subsequent book. Heavier books obviously cost more.

They also have a lot of books on promotion, incl a lot of new releases \ best sellers. A lot of the books are cheaper on the Eason site than booksunlimited.ie

Perhaps you should look at Irish based companies first when doing your "definitive guide"

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

PLAY.COM but use the playtrade option, bought a load of books two weeks back for 3-4e each...normally twice that on play normal :)

Advertisement