Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MY HAIR IS ORANGE!!!

• 20-12-2008 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

ok so my hair has been a very viberant red a long time now, I decided i wanted to go blonde so went to the hair dressers today and she put lots of high lights in... now my hair is partially orange... she said to wait a week and get the blonde done again. as it will brighten it. would an over the counter bottle brighten it or should i just wait for the hair dresser to do it next week?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 bloodedrose

abi2007 wrote: »
    ok so my hair has been a very viberant red a long time now, I decided i wanted to go blonde so went to the hair dressers today and she put lots of high lights in... now my hair is partially orange... she said to wait a week and get the blonde done again. as it will brighten it. would an over the counter bottle brighten it or should i just wait for the hair dresser to do it next week?

I would totally wait for the hairdresser to fix it. Especially as it is her fault!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭abi2007

she said to expect it not to take as my hair was so red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭thermo66

orange is cool

lol thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭maninblack

defo wait! you're only going to make things worse, not better!

• Advertisement

seriously its cool. its good to stick out from the crowd!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

Why did your hairdresser agree to go through with dying your hair when she knew what would happen? That is just bad service in my opinion..

Now you have to pay twice for the same treatment and you still have no idea what way your hair will turn out.

I would of thought you need to get your hair stripped first..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Well no offence but you can't got from Red to Blonde in one session, She should have warned you but it is pretty common knowledge..

infairness she did, i'm just wondering if a bottle would brighten it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

infairness she did, i'm just wondering if a bottle would brighten it

I would advise not to touch it!! The home dyes literally wreck your hair and will make it very weak so try and just wait and see and get the dye out of your hair in the meantime - head and shoulders shampoo is good for this just use a good conditioner..

My hair is literally breaking for using home dyes. As like you my hair was dyed red then purple but I wanted to go back to my natural colour and get it stripped. As my hair was in such a bad condition I have to get 4 inches taken off it and get it dyed brown for the mean time. I have to use Kerastase intense treatments as its so badly damaged for the home dyes for the next couple of months.. I really wish I hadnt touched them.. :mad: Its costing me a lot more in the long run..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

you didnt listen to the hairdresser & you ended up with orange hair.. has this not taught you to listen to your hairdresser & just wait?

Seriously, they know what theyre talking about (or most of them do anyway!)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭laura1408

dont go near the home dye kits.......... will totally wreck ur hair and make it an even worse colour.....

But on the brightside orange is cool and not many people sport that hair colour :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

your gonna have to use treatments after ya go back next week.
    your hairs gonna be dry and in a bad way from the two dying sessions.
    it took me like 6 months to go from brown to blonde. i was impatient, tried the bottle, ended up lookin like worzel gummage ha
    about 1cm at my roots was blonde, the rest was ginger!!!

whats wrong with ginger?

Advertisement