Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun Shot

• 20-12-2008 10:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

I have Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 and After Effects CS4, I want to add a gun shot to my footage. The muzzle flash if you know what i mean, How do I go about this?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

If you don't mind splashing out a few quid - http://fxhome.com/muzzleplug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

I use soundsnap.com for sound effects. It's fantastic and free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭DuFF-MAN

do you mean how do you import the sound or how do you actually get a gunshot sound?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

I know how to do the sound, its the flash I want, when the bullet just leaves the gun. Thanks, preferably for free!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Why not just create a png of one and flash it up for a few frames. Just animate it to grow from nothing to its full size then to shrink to nothing with a very quick fade on the beginning and end. Google image muzzle flash or something, crop out what you need, save as a png and stick it in, shouldn't be too hard.
    Something like this:
    Muzzle_Flash_Side.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭DuFF-MAN

Yeah thats probably the best way. Mess around with the opacities of the png of the muzzle flash, quick ease in and outs might prove to be a good result...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

There are some cool muzzle flash vids and explosions etc on this site
    http://www.detonationfilms.com/free_stuff_page_2.htm

Just search the other pages, there is some good free stuff. I've used a couple of the muzzle flashes in premiere, you just have to key it properly (which premiere isn't great at) so you could use after effects instead.

Advertisement