Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Which set to choose?

• 20-12-2008 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi all,

New on here so go easy on me :)

So I am looking to upgrade my current tv set which is a Pana 28" and have done a bit of research on 42" plasmas and lcds and having viewed all sets in Currys / Sony centre I have narrowed it down to 2 unless people strongly disagree.

It's between Sonys 40W4000 LCD or stick with Panasonic TH42PZ80 Plasma! Main use will be SD viewing, quite a bit of football watching, Freeview and some gaming via xbox360. Both sets are Full HD as I would like to get a Blu Ray player over the next few months as well to complete the set.

I am torn between these two as I like the appearance of the w4000 but the 100hz processing is pushing me towards the Pana for sport viewing.

What are peoples thoughts or experiences with viewing sports on the w4000, will the 100hz on the Pana make that much of a difference.

Also if anyone has a better option for me then feel free to suggest, max budget is 1000euro!

Advertisement