Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

why do team always win their first few games with a new boss...

• 20-12-2008 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

well........:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

well........:rolleyes:

Because they are not full of honourable players that will try 100% no matter who is in charge but instead choose to moan and whinge while still collectign their money each week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Simple really. All players, especially those on the fringe are gonna bust their balls to make an impression on the new boss and nail down a starting position.
    With all this in mind I still fail to change my fantasy selection to reflect this logic, every bloody time.

Aidric wrote: »
    Simple really. All players, especially those on the fringe are gonna bust their balls to make an impression on the new boss and nail down a starting position.

That ties in with my above post that they are not busting their gut anyway, which is unacceptable really. For €100,000 a week I'll run into a brick wall for a manager if they want.

As it is, when I play for free I give 100% anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Stekelly wrote: »
    That ties in with my above post that they are not busting their gut anyway, which is unacceptable really. For €100,000 a week I'll run into a brick wall for a manager if they want.

As it is, when I play for free I give 100% anyway.

so your saying you couldn't put any more effort in at all if you were offered 100k to play?

so your saying you couldn't put any more effort in at all if you were offered 100k to play?

In my current unfit state I couldnt do anymore than I do of a saturday, no. If I had world class fitness facilities I'd get about the pitch and appear to be doing more, but I'd still only be giveing the same 100%. I dont really do the whole "having a game for a mess" thing. If I am playing football It's a proper game. I just dont see the point in playing a game if you dont want to win.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Id hardly say all. Spurs did **** all under Hughton IIRC. Ireland had one cracker under Stan vs Sweden- us vs Slovakia at home was a strong fought game despite the 1-0 result, but it was the only strong stand out match of the campaign, barring maybe the Czech match at home. Means nothing IMO. Like it or not Roy lost the trust of his team, as did Ince.

New management my hole, look at Portugal under Querioz.

Advertisement