Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for christmas Breakfast ???

• 20-12-2008 11:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭

I've been doing blueberry pancakes with champange for xmas breakfast for the last 2 years, has anyone any ideas other than a fry up as we're planning on a 7 course dinner. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

seven courses, wow

would you be interested in adopting me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Champagne is always for the win, so don't change that. :D

Try making normal crepe style pancakes, and roasting some peach halves or quarters, drizzled with some honey or some brown sugar - roll the roasted fruit into the crepes and serve with a drizzle of either something sweet, or a swirl of pouring cream.

Make french toast and serve with a sweetened berry compote and a dusting of cinnamon sugar. Use one of those packets of frozen berries to make the compote - they loan themselves beautifully to being reduced in a pan with sugar and honey!

For a savoury alternative, make a pile of fluffy scrambled eggs, and serve them with a few slices of crispy streaky bacon.

Again the scram theme, try folding strips of smoked salmon and a tiny bit of chopped parsley through the scrambled eggs just as they're cooked (make sure you don't put any salt in the eggs if you're going to add salmon!)

Alternatively, see if you can buy uncooked crossaints anywhere - or pan au chocolait. Anything you could put in the oven on the morning. Then serve champagne and fresh strawberries for starters, followed by hot crossaints with fresh cafetiere coffee - and to be truly decadent, if you can't get pan au chocolait, serve the crossaints with a ramekin of melted chocolate for dipping.

...yeah, that's right, I hate myself. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Poutbutton

Will either of the above of you adopt me!!!
    Oh those breakfasts sound scrumptious! I wanted to suggest bake your own croissants and serve on a plate of fresh strawberries, galia and honeydew melon balls and a strawberry coulis drizzled over the lot...sadly mine pales in comparison to Minesajackdaniels :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

Smoked wild salmon and poached eggs on wholemeal toast with butter and just a little mayo.

Keep the champagne.

Advertisement