Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ethernet Port>Wireless?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

calex71 wrote: »
    id imagine there would have to be , this could be fun if the OP get a router and enables dhcp on it

All depends what subnet they are in on the complex network and what port they plug the wall socket into!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

All depends what subnet they are in on the complex network and what port they plug the wall socket into!

Surely there should be a support for the bb in this situation who could advise on the settings? Who do you contact if there are connection problems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭innisfree

dub45 wrote: »
    The product you mention seems to be for extending an already existing wireless network thats if I am reading this correctly:

http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/Reviews.asp?ProductID=2375.

That link just goes to an ethernet bridge by the same company. I'm not familiar with what that one does but my one basically fed a wireless signal into a standard ethernet port on a computer that didn't have any wireless capabilities.

(just to clarify to the OP, I don't believe you're looking for what I mentioned, now that you've given a bit more information)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

The router in the building will supply an IP to the OP's new wireless router.
    So:

Building Router > New Wireless Router > OP's Laptop etc

I do the same at home. So it won't be a problem. I wouldn't go into bridge mode etc unless it is absolutely nessisary.

Advertisement