Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

benefit make up

• 21-12-2008 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

Oh god its all just so pretty! Went in yesterday to treatmyself, spent 70 quid on the b spot set (clearys are selling 1/3 off! whoo!) and the Just IN Case....but Im thinking of returning the just in case, went i got it home to luck at it just seemed a bit of a waste,....everything is really tiny, i doubt id get much use out of it....has anyone else used this set?What did ye think of it? Ill either exchange it for the Benetint or Moon Beam (which my friends swear by) or else just refund it and get some trusty mac foundation instead!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

I've not used any of Benefit's small sets or Moonbeam as I'm too pale for the shade, but I do love Posie Tint and High Beam, you can mix a little with moisturiser, then put it all over your face or clevage, makes you look really dewy and healthy going out :) Benetint really works for my sister (tanned/dark hair) as it gives her a lasting glow on her cheeks and stains her lips, makes my pale self look like I was slapped :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

ive never tried any of the small sets either, but i swear by benetint and bad girl mascara! pretty much everything by benefit works for most skin tones so its a great brand, plus the girls at the counters are always so much more approachable than the ones at MAC! (not that that stops me buying my foundation there tho!)

oh and OP, never tried moonbeam, but highbeam is a lifesaver!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

i have the concealer kit & i dont use all of it but I do use the boi-ing & lemon aid all the time but the samples are really small . Dont use the rest at all - it has high beam, lip plump & ooh la lift, must start using them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I've recently rediscovered Benefit - stopped wearing it for a while as sort of thought it was more a teen thing, but oh the fun!
    Love High Beam as well and wearing a lot of the YouRebel tinted moisturiser recently - great coverage, and the trick is blend blend blend! Gotta say though, the Realness of Concealness little boxsets are far too small and mine didn't last that long at all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Agree about the boxsets being a little small for the price. Love Benefit so much though. My most recent addition is the new(ish) concealer, Erase Paste, works wonders!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

The Realness of Concealness kit is brilliant! Always good to have in your handbag. I use the California Kissin', Dandelion, BrowZings and the lip pencil Definer Deliner. Also love their lipsticks, really creamy and stay on well.

I'm very pale and find Benefit stuff great.

MAC don't do a foundation pale enough for me, which is odd considering we're in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭thermo66

never tried benefit range, always found it too pricey for the quantity and i can't really afford to pay loads for make up and i don't wear it all that often. I've often wanted to buy the blush tint though but thought i'd end up like aunt sally. spoilt myself few wks ago and Purchased the nars orgasm and i'm really impressed.

i've finally found a decent foundation that gives plenty of coverage to my pale skin in Mac. Had used the Mac mineral make up before and i might as well had put nothing on!! Might be adventurous and try the benefit range after xmas!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

They do a lot of Benefit stuff on asos.com...

at sterling prices...

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I have the realness of concealness and the just in case; find them both very handy for travel.

Got just in case as a present, don't know if I would have bought it myself but having it now I must say I do find it useful.

Got the big beautiful eyes set recently and have to say I love it!!

Methinks I will buy myself a full sized highbeam today....I reckon I deserve to buy myself a little Christmas present.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

Das Kitty wrote: »
    They do a lot of Benefit stuff on asos.com...

at sterling prices...

:D

I just went on to ASOS to buy 3 things, Erase Paste, Benitint and Bad Gal mascara and it came to 54 sterling (which is about 57 euro now).
    But when i came to checking out and paying it changed the price to euro for me, because i entered my address as Ireland i presume! The euro price is 74 for the 3 items! Anyone know a way around this at all??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Got the big beautiful eyes set recently and have to say I love it!!

I LOVE that palette, and it lasted me forever, even though I used it nearly every weekday. I'm hoping someone will get my not so subtle hints about wanting a new one, and it'll be there on Christmas morning :D

I particularly love the base colour, but the concealor, boi-ing in 2, is too dark for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

I ended up returning the Just in Case, products were way too small for the price you pay! But I did like the benetint when the girl tried it on me, so i might invest in the bigger bottle! Got some Mac foundation instead.....queues were unreal!! I only wish the girls in there were a bit more helpful, I dont bother asking their advice anymore (not that i know more than them) but last time i did, the foundation she gave me was so pale, i looked ill wearing it! And i had asked her for something to darken my skin tone!

Anyways, still think benefit is a great brand, going to stock up when Im in America for the summer me thinks!!

jessie1 wrote: »
    I just went on to ASOS to buy 3 things, Erase Paste, Benitint and Bad Gal mascara and it came to 54 sterling (which is about 57 euro now).
    But when i came to checking out and paying it changed the price to euro for me, because i entered my address as Ireland i presume! The euro price is 74 for the 3 items! Anyone know a way around this at all??

Really??

It wasn't like this last week for me, I hope they haven't changed it.

Just Checked and I can still pay in sterling. You definitely didn't click on the change currency bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Really??

It wasn't like this last week for me, I hope they haven't changed it.

Just Checked and I can still pay in sterling. You definitely didn't click on the change currency bit?

Panic over, i managed to do it by logging in again, got all 3 products for 58 sterling inc delivery. Would have been over €70 if i paid in euro! Yay! :D

Wahey!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

I went up to Newry on Friday, i bought the realness of concealness for 22euro and high beam for 15euro. Sooo much cheaper then Dublin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

*adele* wrote: »
    I went up to Newry on Friday, i bought the realness of concealness for 22euro and high beam for 15euro. Sooo much cheaper then Dublin!

thats great!! plan on heading up myself next year

If you got a chance any time soon itd be a good idea cos who knows what the pound will be doing by then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

I love the realness of concealness- I bought a full size boing concealer because of it. The Mr got me Bad Gal Mascara and a benefit bronzer brush gor Chirstmas. He also got me the Some Kind-a Gorgeous compact foundation but it's way too dark so had to ask him to exchange it, think I'll get a high beam instead.

Anyone tried the powderflage yet?

Yeah i got it yesterday...its not much of a concealer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Hey girls :)
    I really like the packaging and the "concept" of Benefit but I never bought any product till now (I'm kinda broke...lol :o)...but I'd realy like to have the Erase Paste...I read just good stuff about it till now...what's your opinion if u tried it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Hey girls :)
    I really like the packaging and the "concept" of Benefit but I never bought any product till now (I'm kinda broke...lol :o)...but I'd realy like to have the Erase Paste...I read just good stuff about it till now...what's your opinion if u tried it?
    Erase Paste is very good, especially for blemishes but I've always found Boi-ing to be just that little bit better. They're the two best concealers I've ever used though, so it probably depends what you want to use it for. I use Boi-ing under my eyes along with Touche Eclat and find it great for making my eyes look really bright but like I said, Erase Paste is great for blemishes.

And just to continue the Benefit love-in, I use Dandelion, Hoola, California Kissin', Boi-ing, Browzings and High Beam and find them all brilliant. Can't believe they're so cheap in Newry, that's brilliant. I'm used to spending a small fortune a small fortune at the Benefit counter in BT but thinking a trip up North could be a good idea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I got some BeneFit stuff for Christmas, I'm definitely a happy bunny!

I got the Big Beautiful Eyes palette (again, because I'd run out of the base [the alabastor pinky colour] and the contour colour was running out fast :(). It is still amazing and a complete can't live without palette.

That Gal primer is also pretty cool. It really brightens your face even if you're not going to use foundation, which I love.

AND my new favourite thing ever ever ever: Dandelion! Their blush, Dandelion is absolutely perfect for really pale skinned people, such as myself, because it's not too strong so you don't look lke a clown. I'd been using stronger pinky blush and it either went on perfect or I looked like a clown and there was a VERy thin line to cross between the two. Now, it always goes on perfect and just blends in to look natural! On less pale faced people, it would probably serve more as a pink-toned highlighter more so than anything else, though. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Stargal wrote: »
    Erase Paste is very good, especially for blemishes but I've always found Boi-ing to be just that little bit better. They're the two best concealers I've ever used though, so it probably depends what you want to use it for. I use Boi-ing under my eyes along with Touche Eclat and find it great for making my eyes look really bright but like I said, Erase Paste is great for blemishes.

Thanx for the hint! :)
    I'd use it expecially to cover random pimples...(pimples at 32...grrrr).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 coconut-butter

i know its off the record but try the dear john mousturiser, i used to have really bad dry shin on my face and start using it and now its like a babys bum :D benefit is amazing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 tcat

hi girls

ye prob already know this but just said id say it just in case. buying from benefit directly @ www.benefitcosmetics.com is by far the cheapest way. BIG savings. delivery is reasonable(E3.50 plus E1.75 per item) so best to buy few bits together. for example i buy dandelion powder @E33.50 in B.T's and its 17 - 20 euro(depending on exchange rate) from benefits own site. delivery is usually wihin a week and they even do gorgeous gift packaging ifd it a gift.
    hope this is useful

tcat

Advertisement