Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any model car collectors?

• 21-12-2008 1:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭

Hey, I collect model cars/bikes myself, all types and scales and
    I was just wondering if anyone has a similar interest? I'll hopefully put up a picture soon, let me know if you are, it would be interesting to compare!! Hehe :D
    P.S. I've over 100 models so far! Mainly 1:18 / 1:24 cars!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

I was just wondering if anyone has a similar interest? I'll hopefully put up a picture soon, let me know if you are, it would be interesting to compare!! Hehe :D
    Hi Home;Ballyhoura,I have a good selection of models built up over the past few years,it contains all sorts,cars,racing cars,racing bikes,military,trucks,figures and so on,will post up some if I can get my attic straightened out,would love to a have a look at yours:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

A fine collection,well done.I'll try my best to get them posted up over the next few days,you might just bare with me,I moved house recently and my attic is in a mess but finnally getting straightened out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

Nice lot. Anyone started collecting the new Combat Tanks Collection ?
    Got mine and to be honest its ok. Detail allright for the money(2.99)special.Will not pay the full price as I think it aint worth it.Hopefully it might get better.:confused:

Hi again Home;Ballyhoura,sorry I haven't put anything up yet,I have most of them sorted now and back up on there shelves,I should have photos posted up by Sunday,as regards to therewillbe's question about the Combat Tank collection recently on sale,I've bought the first two issues,they come across as being very plastic looking,although you get the added bonus of the magazine,theres better to be had out there for a few euro's more,Dragon Armour is one that retails around 15 euro and is far better,another would be the forces of Valor range of 1/43,these come with dioramas and soldier figures in many of there range,Corgi of couse is a great range but limited in whats available and as far as I know don't do 1/43,the last maker that springs to mind would be Ixo/Altaya,again good variation in what they sell with some of the harder to get makes of armour and aircraft

• Advertisement

Ok then,I've taken photos of these,its probarly 99% of them,I've taken these in bulk because it would take forever to post them up individually,theres abit of everything in here,first up will be cars

Another selection of F1,these ones are limited in 1/18,also some 1/43 Rally cars

next Racing Bikes and Aircraft

Cavalry figures next

Military armour next in scales of 1/43,1/50,1/35

• Advertisement

Sticking with Military Armour,more 1/43,a king tiger in 1/35 and finally a king tiger in 1/16

ok then last up for tonight,yes more tomorrow!,will be construction,large scale aircraft,trucks and small vintage cars and vans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

WOW!!! :eek: I a truly gob smacked!!! That is one hell of a collection, where do you store them all? They are all so clean and well organised and displayed, well done. You must have spent a good bit of money on them over the years, at least you have proof now in case of a robbery or fire :p
    Well done!

WOW!!! :eek: I a truly gob smacked!!! That is one hell of a collection, where do you store them all? They are all so clean and well organised and displayed, well done. You must have spent a good bit of money on them over the years, at least you have proof now in case of a robbery or fire :p
    Well done!
    thanks Home;Ballyhoura,there all in the attic,one of the worst places models can be kept due to a lot of them being made in white metal,the change in temperture can play havoc on models so your best off keeping them where the temperture stays more or less the same,I've been collecting them now for a while although I must admit I haven't bought anything in over a year now,On top of whats posted up is also around one hundred or more plastic kits in varios scales,no doubt a job for a rainy day or two,I just don't have the room anymore and as can be seen from the photos alot of them are just stacked on top of each other.Just wondering is there a forum on here for model collecting??,anyway this is whats left,first up a 1/350 scale American Battleship,a 1/72 scale ww2 German submarine,a selection of F1 and Indy cars in 1/24 scale and last picture is a selection of F1 driver helmet models along side Rubens Barrichelos Signed helmet visior,the Onyx helmet of Mika Salo is also signed along with one of his 1/43 cars which can't be seen in one of the other photos,theres also around thirty autographs to display with this collection when properly laid out

this is nearly the end of it,whats left is still boxed away,mainly figures,first two up are a few Mini car models,the real ones are much better belive me!,after that are some British touring cars in 1/43 scale,next a few model trucks that could be bought from Texaco petrol stations and lastly some cheaper end of the market everyday model cars

Advertisement