Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Douglas Village SC - Tenants?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Bill-e wrote: »
    It's great that prices are going down and selection is going up. I found that the choice of stuff in the new Tescos was amazing. They even sell Twiglets! It's a bit too freaking big tho. If you only wanted a few things it's far too much hassle to get in and around that place. Might stick to Dunnes...

hmm, yeah given the size of the place and I still couldn't get some fresh garlic! That's the thing I hate about Tesco, they often run our of the basics.

Yes, I agree with you on the hassle involved with the place, between sitting on the car park ramp waiting for some eejit to actually drive into their parking space properly and then find a trolley, take the lift or escalator down to the store and do it all again on the way back..too much hassle if you ask me, I'll stick to Dunnes.

Oh, one last thing in this rant, what's with the stoopid pictures (shop front boarding) of people supposedly from the surrounding areas?? C'mon, have you seen some of the chicks in the pictures? Total stunners! Are they really expecting us to believe that the likes of Carrigaline, Douglas, Wilton are homes to these people! hardly.;)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I went into the new Tescos a fortnight ago. Sucked in by the advertising and thinking that it was closer to a Hypermarket than a Tesco.

It was crap. Way too bright. Still suffering from the rampant Tesco disease of missing stock. Some prices were dearer than Mahon Point.

The wine selection was poor - way too many feet of shelf space given to the same 2p bottle of plonk. Feck all decent beer. Loud woman walking back and forth telling her friend what bottle she wanted (ok, not Tesco's fault).

Half of the self-service tills were out of action and the till area looked like it was shoe horned in. Full of Douglas' finest as well..

I won't be going back.

@run_Forrest_run - getting garlic seems to be hard these days - most places only have tasteless chinese garlic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭beer enigma

hmm, yeah given the size of the place and I still couldn't get some fresh garlic! That's the thing I hate about Tesco, they often run our of the basics.
    .;)

Slightly off thread, but If you're ever in town, there's a small stall just inside the English Market (go in the entrance by O'Donovans butchers - second stall on the left run by a French girl - the garlic there is exceptionally good & lasts much longer than any Supermarket stuff......

parsi wrote: »
    @run_Forrest_run - getting garlic seems to be hard these days - most places only have tasteless chinese garlic.

damn right, I finally got some in another Tesco and I was shocked to see it was from China! Honestly the world is gone mad if we feel the need to fly garlic half way across the globe just so we can get garlic for 50cent cheaper!!

I wish Tesco would just pack up and go to China:mad:

Andip wrote: »
    Slightly off thread, but If you're ever in town, there's a small stall just inside the English Market (go in the entrance by O'Donovans butchers - second stall on the left run by a French girl - the garlic there is exceptionally good & lasts much longer than any Supermarket stuff......

thanks for that tip, I think I will make the effort and go back to the English market for my meat also, and hey, a French girl selling garlic, that's a lil incentive right there;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

did they not have a manager there named Aidan crown.
    maybe google

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

DERICKOO wrote: »
    did they not have a manager there named Aidan crown.
    maybe google

They did, think he left a good while ago though.

Advertisement