Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hibernian Ignition course

Options
  • 21-12-2008 2:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone here has any experience of the Ignition advanced driving test. I was considering doing it to lower my insurance premium before I get my first insurance policy. (I've been driving solidly on my full license for about a year. )

What I'm wondering is, what does it entail? I've checked the website and it seems very thinly detailed. I assume you have to bring your own car, but I've no idea how long it takes, or what the fail rate etc is. I know if has a 100 euro deposit requirement but thats fully refundable as long as you turn up.

Any experiences with it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭sonicthebadger*

I did it about 7 years ago but I presume it's still the same. Morning session of video and discussion of driving hazards, behaviour etc. Afternoon you're taken out in pairs by an instructor, drive for 20-30 mins, pull over, instructor comments, drive again. Instructor judges your driving and how carefully you were listening to comments. Brilliant opportunity to get a lesson in some more advanced driving techniques than were needed in the test. Made a big difference to me, mostly in attitude change.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LIS

bewildered wrote: »
    Hey guys, just wondering if anyone here has any experience of the Ignition advanced driving test. I was considering doing it to lower my insurance premium before I get my first insurance policy. (I've been driving solidly on my full license for about a year. )

What I'm wondering is, what does it entail? I've checked the website and it seems very thinly detailed. I assume you have to bring your own car, but I've no idea how long it takes, or what the fail rate etc is. I know if has a 100 euro deposit requirement but thats fully refundable as long as you turn up.

Any experiences with it?

my wife did it,only took 20 mins.she said it was a doddle.drove around a city and that was that.did lower her insurance by at least 500 at the time:)

Advertisement