Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Room size for table.

• 21-12-2008 2:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

I am looking to buy a pool table will have to be a 6 foot by 3 table.

Just bit concerned will my room be big enough I measred it the other day and the room is 13 foot 4 inches long..And the width of the room at the shortest distance where the fireplace is measures 10 foot...

Be real greatfull for any advice as would love to get a table.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Taken from the net..........

"A standard pool table would be classed size 6 x 3' which would need a room size of 13 x 10ft. This would be using a standard pool cue of 4ft. "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭nigel2smooth

Thanks Bryn for your reply,yeah I also done a google search for room sizes for table size etc..And some sites say that a standard 6 X 3 table your room needs to be 14 x 11...Then couple other sites say 13 x 10.

as my room is 13.4 x 10 I think I will take a chance and get the pool table,be interested in what size peoples rooms are on here and how they manage playing...Is it possible to play with 42 inch cue if space was bit tight...

Thanks lads for any info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,504 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

you really need 15 x 12 to play properly

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭alang184

MikeyOne, just wondering, do you have one of these folding tables yourself? If yes, how do you find it? I'm considering a 6ft folding BCE one myself (as don't have suitable room to leave it permanently set-up....and also I'm crap enough to just need to do some basic stuff at the moment!).

On some website a couple of people strongly recommended against it as they claim over time the legs would weaken and balls would roll off etc. But like I say I just want to use a home table for some basic practice and don't mind a compromise, unless of couse these folding tables can eventually become a bit unplayable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mikey One

alang184 wrote: »
    MikeyOne, just wondering, do you have one of these folding tables yourself? If yes, how do you find it? I'm considering a 6ft folding BCE one myself (as don't have suitable room to leave it permanently set-up....and also I'm crap enough to just need to do some basic stuff at the moment!).

On some website a couple of people strongly recommended against it as they claim over time the legs would weaken and balls would roll off etc. But like I say I just want to use a home table for some basic practice and don't mind a compromise, unless of couse these folding tables can eventually become a bit unplayable.

I don't actually have one myself. Was in someones house before and they had
    one and had no complaints bout it, played fine but it wasn't that old so i couldn't advise you about how long it would last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Re Folding tables
    I have seen these before from Rileys
    http://www.ejriley.ie/item.php?id=31&PHPSESSID=261eeb5a6758c8efb95f25451a96a8ad

Legs are grand but the top is perfect; Just like playing on a slate bed table and proper cushion rubbers

Advertisement