Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is vampire the new emo?

Options
  • 21-12-2008 3:14am

Was watching the last south park of the season and seen that they were taking the piss out of Twilight and Hot Topic.I did some research and seen loads of online communities dedicated to vampirism and drinking blood.It is described as a subset of Goth (as was emo).
    Has it taken hold in Ireland yet?Personally I haven't noticed it around.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

em really hope the drinking blood thing dosent catch on

its just the kind of gothic romanticism really.
    though i am officially twilight obsessed.

I was reading up on it and apparently it is best to suckle the blood as opposed to other routes as this causes less infection.Plus you could be done for assault for drawing the blood so they have to sign contracts.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

You haven't "noticed it around"? What do you mean by that? You haven't seen 14 year olds dressed in black capes running around biting the necks off each other?

I was reading up on it and apparently it is best to suckle the blood as opposed to other routes as this causes less infection.Plus you could be done for assault for drawing the blood so they have to sign contracts.:eek:

oh god!
    thats a bit strange.like ive tasted my own blood loads of times and it may just be me but its not exactly a taste id choose to have in my mouth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Can't say I've seen any vampires around the place. Although they wouldn't be very good vampires if they were out during daytime.
    oh god!
    thats a bit strange.like ive tasted my own blood loads of times and it may just be me but its not exactly a taste id choose to have in my mouth!
    Ugh, me neither. I hate the taste of blood.

• Advertisement

Ugh, me neither. I hate the taste of blood.

its really metalic like the taste you get when you lick a spoon or something
    also had the lovely experience of tasting someone elses before and yuck!

its really metalic like the taste you get when you lick a spoon or something
    also had the lovely experience of tasting someone elses before and yuck!

That metallic taste is what allows you to carry Oxygen around!:)

iron and haemoglobin?

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    You haven't "noticed it around"? What do you mean by that? You haven't seen 14 year olds dressed in black capes running around biting the necks off each other?

I just thought they were horny little goth teenagers.:P

JC 2K3 wrote: »

unsuprisingly no

• Advertisement

iron and haemoglobin?

Correct.
    You need the iron for the O molecules to coordinate to.Otherwise they wouldn't stick.Technically blood isn't even a liquid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Dude, Vampire was the old emo...

Damn whippersnappers...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

Correct.
    You need the iron for the O molecules to coordinate to.Otherwise they wouldn't stick.Technically blood isn't even a liquid.
    its a suspension is it not?
    edit: might be a solution, i have confused myself

Teutorix wrote: »
    its a suspension is it not?
    edit: might be a solution, i have confused myself

Because it is at such high pressures,the outside act as a liquid but the middle acts like a solid as in it doesn't freely move.It is dragged by the outer liquid.

My friend in Biomed engineering was explaining it to me the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

Because it is at such high pressures,the outside act as a liquid but the middle acts like a solid as in it doesn't freely move.It is dragged by the outer liquid.

My friend in Biomed engineering was explaining it to me the other day.
    its only under that pressure in arteries, in veins its not pressurised

Teutorix wrote: »
    its only under that pressure in arteries, in veins its not pressurised
    It is pressurised,just not as much as in the arteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Goth, emo, vampire - They all look the same to me so I can't tell the difference.

As far as the chemical properties of blood are concerned, they're made of blood plasma and magic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

All I can say if I ever have kid's and they become emo/vampire ???lmao , I will be very disappointed to say the least......god I hate emo's....

donmeister wrote: »
    All I can say if I ever have kid's and they become emo/vampire ???lmao , I will be very disappointed to say the least......god I hate emo's....
    I wouldn't say I hate them, but if my hypothetical future children were emo and took it more seriously than just an image, I'd be slightly irritated all right. Although, in fairness, we all went through our various phases. Most emos grow out of it by 16/17.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Was watching the last south park of the season and seen that they were taking the piss out of Twilight and Hot Topic.I did some research and seen loads of online communities dedicated to vampirism and drinking blood.It is described as a subset of Goth (as was emo).
    Has it taken hold in Ireland yet?Personally I haven't noticed it around.

Heh when I saw this thread title I was just about to link to the southpark episode. I think cos the twilight movie's already been out for a while over there it's a much bigger seen than here, I'd say give it a few months before we start seeing the same effects here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

It's pronounced vam-peer.

Don't they drink Clamato juice and not blood? Ugh, Clamato....

What is clamato? Is it some sorta tomato mixed with....clams?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

8089443511_main_bg_4153.gif

But...but I like crystal castles :(

(and the Twilight series, and Interview with a Vampire....)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Piste wrote: »
    But...but I like crystal castles :(

I do too, but if you read their interview in NME you'll see they are ****ed up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭smythwicks

hmmm so spoons carry oxygen sweet!!:P

I do too, but if you read their interview in NME you'll see they are ****ed up

Well good thing I don't read NME then!

I love Crystal castles.I had a free ticket to see them in Galway but I didn't check my emails in time.

I like them too (which is quite surprising for a modern and quite popular act), but by all accounts, they're utterly woeful live and only play for an average of 45 minutes. I'm glad I didn't waste €20ish on a ticket to see them.

• Advertisement

I wish I'd been able to see them at EP :(

Advertisement