Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ranjin Singh not properly translating?

• 21-12-2008 4:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks to reader Hassan Ahmad for sending this in:

I have noticed many times that Ranjin Singh does not translate what the Great Khali (which means "empty") says. Instead, he says something else or just cuts short Khali's rambling. For example, when Chris Jericho asked Khali to help him in his match with Cena in a backstage segment Khali said that he fought in his own battles without anyone's help and so should Jericho. Ranjin Sing translated this as "NO!". Another example is during the Slammy Awards when Khali got his award he said that he was very happy to win the award, Ranjin excluded this part, Then Khali said that parents should give attention to their children so that they stay on the right path and don't go towards crime. Ranjin translated this saying that the depletion of natural resources is a major concern for the future generation.

http://www.wrestlezone.com//article.php?articleid=231811125

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SASR

I saw this earlier. Pretty much a non story...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Wow I am shocked that someone actually complained about it. Pretty sure Khali can speak English anyway sure he knows what Singh is saying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I bet you I care less than you do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

To be fair that was very obvious, Khali would go on for 2 minutes and Singh would say two words

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭herewegoagain

Worst.Thread.Ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I have a friend who is indian born, lived there for his up-bringing and now lives here.
    But he pointed this out to me ages ago, he said that in india Kali is huge(like we dont know that already :p) and in interviews he speaks perfect english

Advertisement