Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KFC Enniskillen

Options
  • 21-12-2008 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭

I don't know what everyone elses experiences of this particular branch of KFC is like but from now on I'll be avoiding it like the plague.

My family and I were in Enniskillen yesterday and had a good time shopping and wandering around the town. On the way home we decided to go to KFC as the traffic was bad and it seemed like the easy tasty option.

I can't say I'll ever darken their doorstep again, it seems like the worst run KFC I've ever come across. There is a guy in there who works on the restaurant floor cleaning tables and generally making an ass of himself. He was quite rude to my wife when she had a query regarding our order. We've avoided the place in the past because of him and frankly he seems like the only permanent fixture in the place, the rest of the staff having changed.

Anyway, the straw that broke the camels back is the fact that my eldest daughter has been up vomiting etc etc for the past few hours, we've considered what she ate yesterday and the only conclusion we keep arriving at is dodgy chicken at KFC.

Anyway, I was able to tolerate the brutal service in the place as I like KFC chicken, but I won't be running the risk again of it causing such problems for my children.

Riv

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Why dont you make a complaint to a manager..seems the obvious thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭RiverWilde

Sometimes the obvious thing to do is not the correct thing to do. I'll be sending an email to KFC themselves. However, considering the fact that this place has been going downhill for the past five years, somehow I doubt a complaint to the manager would do any good.

I just do not want another parent to have to deal with one of their children becoming ill as a result of eating food produced in this place. As I said in my original post, I was able to tolerate the awful service as I like KFC chicken, but it won't be from the Enniskillen branch again.

Riv

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

sorry to hear that mate, but to be honest, i thinks its one of the better ones i have eaten in, dont eat in KFC very often, maybe 2 to 3 times a year, and would only be in there, fundoran, sligo, letterkenny or any one am near,

had it in eniskillen last week, didn't find the food to bad, actully better than what i expect from KFC, only complant of my visit that the service was quite slow, the whole time i was there, there was always 2 to3 people waiting with only one person serving

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Scottie99

RiverWilde wrote: »
    Sometimes the obvious thing to do is not the correct thing to do. I'll be sending an email to KFC themselves. However, considering the fact that this place has been going downhill for the past five years, somehow I doubt a complaint to the manager would do any good.

I just do not want another parent to have to deal with one of their children becoming ill as a result of eating food produced in this place. As I said in my original post, I was able to tolerate the awful service as I like KFC chicken, but it won't be from the Enniskillen branch again.

Riv

Maybe an email to Enniskillen environmental health?

http://www.fermanagh.gov.uk/index.cfm?website_Key=47&Category_key=133&Page_Key=223

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

A few years ago i had KFC and ended up being sick for two days, could barely move after it, was torture. A friend went to the same branch 2 weeks later and also got sick! It was the one in jervis shopping centre, one of their busiest i imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

On a side note, I dropped into KFC (Kilkenny) the other week. Went through the drive through to pay/ collect the grub, and they told me they don't accept LASER!
    WTF, I wasn't trying to pay the bill with Green Shield Stamps!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I was advised a couple of years ago not to eat from the Tullamore branch because the manager defrosted chicken by running it under a hot tap. The advice came from a guy who worked there that happened to be a chef.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 thepoolgirl

Well i live in tullamore and have never been ill from our KFC so you must of been the unlucky one.:p

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

However, considering the fact that this place has been going downhill for the past five years, somehow I doubt a complaint to the manager would do any good.

So... it's going downhill for 5 years ...so why go to it now ?

I was advised a couple of years ago not to eat from the Tullamore branch because the manager defrosted chicken by running it under a hot tap. The advice came from a guy who worked there that happened to be a chef.

Must have been a classy KFC to hire a Chef......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

gman2k wrote: »
    On a side note, I dropped into KFC (Kilkenny) the other week. Went through the drive through to pay/ collect the grub, and they told me they don't accept LASER!
    WTF, I wasn't trying to pay the bill with Green Shield Stamps!

Fcuking brilliant, if only every shop followed this, or at least had a minimum amount rule. Nothing worse than being stuck in a shop queue behind some idiot buying 7 odd euro of food or beer with a laser/credit card. Fair enough if the thing being bought is worth a few hundred and you may not have the cash in the pocket, but people buying piddling amts and holding up queues with card transactions should be refused service.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

shane86 wrote: »
    Fcuking brilliant, if only every shop followed this, or at least had a minimum amount rule. Nothing worse than being stuck in a shop queue behind some idiot buying 7 odd euro of food or beer with a laser/credit card. Fair enough if the thing being bought is worth a few hundred and you may not have the cash in the pocket, but people buying piddling amts and holding up queues with card transactions should be refused service.

Personally i buy everything on my laser card regardless of the value because as the ads say "it's better than cash"

parsi wrote: »
    So... it's going downhill for 5 years ...so why go to it now ?

As I said in my original post, I like KFC chicken, it's not usually bad. The traffic was fairly heavy and it was easier to go in there rather than find parking elsewhere.

In the past the service was usually brutal but the food was okay. However, on Saturday the service was brutal and my daughter got a dose of something nasty to make her throw up etc etc

Straw that broke the camels back and all that

Riv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

utter rubbish and probably a tale by someone who got sacked!

Why does the chicken need to be defrosted? And running under a hot tap would remove the KFC coating.

...some people are sooo gullible!!. - I suppose you'll be telling us that all imigrants get free cars when they enter the country!

As I said in my original post, I like KFC chicken, it's not usually bad. The traffic was fairly heavy and it was easier to go in there rather than find parking elsewhere.

In the past the service was usually brutal but the food was okay. However, on Saturday the service was brutal and my daughter got a dose of something nasty to make her throw up etc etc

Straw that broke the camels back and all that

Riv

You should ring their HQ and compain - they do listen/respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

shane86 wrote: »
    Well Shane, did you ever go into a shop and find that your wallet ever contained slightly less cash than you thought you had? Laser is handy for that. (I was 20c short on this transaction)
    My point is that a retailer in this day and age should try and make it as easy as possible for a customer to purchase goods from their store.
    M&S used to have a no cards policy, but a major rethink from top down in that company saved them from going under

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

gman2k wrote: »
    M&S used to have a no cards policy, but a major rethink from top down in that company saved them from going under

Not quite, they used to have a policy whereby they only accepted their store card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Anyway, the straw that broke the camels back is the fact that my eldest daughter has been up vomiting etc etc for the past few hours, we've considered what she ate yesterday and the only conclusion we keep arriving at is dodgy chicken at KFC.

Could it just be a plain old stomach bug. In all fairness, if you're not a doctor then you can't really jump to the conclusion that it's food poisoning. (Not discounting the fact you might be a doctor, of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

KFC... food poisoning... makes a lot of sense. The 'food' they serve in there is pure sh*te

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Here is a little parenting tip - if you dont want your child to get sick dont feed her Fried fuppin chicken from KFC - simple as

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you suspect that it is food poisoning, then make a complaint to your local environmental health officer. (Not Safefood or the other agencies).

Follow this up with a registered letter of complaint to both the manager of the outlet and the franchise owner.

I don't know how effective any of this would be, but at least you will have made your feelings heard.

I have made my feelings heard - here on this thread - some of the rather santimonious replies have surprised me. Suffice to say I won't be returning to that particular branch of KFC in the near or distant future.
    As regards informing health inspectors etc., I'm sure they have better things to do with their time than follow up every instance of food poisoning. If my experience is anything to go by, I doubt that I'm the only person who has sampled their wonderful service. With a bit of luck they'll clean up their act.

Riv

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

jackncoke wrote: »
    Why dont you make a complaint to a manager..seems the obvious thing to do.
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

As regards informing health inspectors etc., I'm sure they have better things to do with their time than follow up every instance of food poisoning.
    That's their job surely?
    If my experience is anything to go by, I doubt that I'm the only person who has sampled their wonderful service. With a bit of luck they'll clean up their act.

Riv

Unless of course everyone is thinking the way you are, ie someone else will complain so i don't have to

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

in fairness,if the OP is positive that nothing else could have caused the food poisoning he should make a complaint, even if it's just to draw their attention to it. Probably won't do any good,but at least he'll feel he's doing something.As me mammy always says "Vote with your feet".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭pontovic

Honestly. What do people expect when eating in these places? Don't eat in them. The food is bound to be awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shaca

Make sure it is not just a tummy bug before making any complaints. My family all got the bug the week before the Christmas. We all picked it up one after the other and it lasted about 24 hrs. See how the rest of the family are first cos if it is the bug the rest of ye are bound to get it. Food poisioning from chicken would happen in the first 3 to 4 hrs after eating, in severe cases it could happen within 20 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

shaca wrote: »
    Food poisioning from chicken would happen in the first 3 to 4 hrs after eating, in severe cases it could happen within 20 mins.

Can you provide a source for this?
    Food poisoning generally can take up to 24 hours to kick in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Got food poisoning from a Mac D's before, went in next day, had to stop to puke in stephens green...

Got there, complained to manager, nothing happened.

Nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

pontovic wrote: »
    Honestly. What do people expect when eating in these places? Don't eat in them. The food is bound to be awful.

They expect not to get sick afterwards. If their wasnt a market for this type of food the shop wouldnt be open.

Advertisement