Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KFC Enniskillen

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shaca

Can you provide a source for this?

Had the flu a while back and then started the vomiting and all that goes with it. Had eaten chicken (take away) earlier in the evening but didnt think it could be that. It was only when my husband got home from work and said he had been vomiting all evening that we thought it could be the chicken. Ended up having to go to doc I was that bad between the flu and vomiting. He is the one who said that food poisioning from chicken generally kicks in in the first few hours depending on the severity of the poisioning. Very severe poisioning can happen within 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

darc wrote: »
    utter rubbish and probably a tale by someone who got sacked!

Why does the chicken need to be defrosted? And running under a hot tap would remove the KFC coating.

...some people are sooo gullible!!. - I suppose you'll be telling us that all imigrants get free cars when they enter the country!

The guy that told me that was working in that branch at the time.

I imagine the chicken had to be defrosted because at some point before the defrosting, the chicken had been frozen.

I don't know anything about where immigrants get their cars, what they pay for them, or what it has to do with possible food poisoning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

darc wrote: »
    utter rubbish and probably a tale by someone who got sacked!

Why does the chicken need to be defrosted? And running under a hot tap would remove the KFC coating.

...some people are sooo gullible!!. - I suppose you'll be telling us that all imigrants get free cars when they enter the country!

More like what you are saying is complete rubbish. most of the chicken is breaded in store. The Zingers come pre battered. Chicken under hot water is not new.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

shane86 wrote: »
    Fcuking brilliant, if only every shop followed this, or at least had a minimum amount rule. Nothing worse than being stuck in a shop queue behind some idiot buying 7 odd euro of food or beer with a laser/credit card.
    I usually pay be CC because it is faster these days, and I do not end up with loads of change. It is the old biddies who insist on packing up everything and THEN realising they have to pay, and act all confused and insist on fishing out the exact change that hold up the queues nowadays. I much prefer people in front of me to be paying by CC

Back ontopic(ish), did anybody see the current food poisoning ads on TV? I thought they were very good, a mother was handling raw meat and poisions her son, who is then in bed sick and blames it on a dodgy burger at the footie game or something. I have rarely heard people claiming they poisoned themselves, it is always some fast food place. And many of the bigger chains have much stricter guidelines, such as mcd's tossing out food over 30mins or whatever. The ones to watch out for are individually run small places, like chippers, who would be more likely to hang onto dodgy meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Frelance

RiverWilde wrote: »
    However, considering the fact that this place has been going downhill for the past five years, somehow I doubt a complaint to the manager would do any good.

Its hardly been going downhill for five years. There was a fire in it about a year ago, which gutted the kitchen. It was remodeled and alot of the staff left and were replaced. Its far cleaner now, they do need more tills though.
    never had a problem with food in the place and iv eaten out of it quite often.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

rubadub wrote: »
    I usually pay be CC because it is faster these days, and I do not end up with loads of change. It is the old biddies who insist on packing up everything and THEN realising they have to pay, and act all confused and insist on fishing out the exact change that hold up the queues nowadays. I much prefer people in front of me to be paying by CC

To be honest paying with laser/credit cards slows down Q's alot more then majority of people paying with cash, sure you'll get one or two trying to find change but cash is still faster then waiting on a full CC transaction to complete

Advertisement