Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Best Interviewer In Football

• 21-12-2008 11:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭

For the most part, footballers aren't the best interviewers.
    It's all "at the end of the day" this, and "it's a game of two halves" that.
    One that really stands out though, is Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
    They guy can be downright hillarious at times.

Here's a few samples.(Bear in mind that alot of them are in Dutch/Swedish/Italian, but all have subtitles.)

Most of his best aren't available on video however.
    Some of these are clasics.
    About the final rounds of Eredivisie, with Ajax in a comfortable lead. (April 2004)
    Reporter: "Do you think it's even possible for Ajax to lose nine points in nine games?"

Zlatan: "According to my calculations it is possible to lose nine points in only three games."

At the press conference after the game against England. (2004)
    Reporter: "You´we got some scars in your face, Zlatan. What has happened?"

Zlatan: "Well...I don´t know...you´ll have to ask your wife about that"

"Is your playing style Swedish or Yugoslavian? (TV3 Denmark, 2003):
    "It's Zlatan-style."

Zlatan about the rumour that he bought a super-Porsche. (Aftonbladet, Nov 28, 2002)
    - Absolutely not. I have ordered a plane. It is much faster.

What would you name your son? (Chat on Ajax.nl, Aug 26, 2002)
    - Zlatan jr.

How many one night stands have you had in total? (VR, June, 2002)
    - I don't do that stuff. For me it is romance and love...right?

About if his new haircut in the World Cup was inspired by Magnus Hedman. (Aftonbladet, May 2002):
    "No, I just went in and cut my hair and this is what I looked like when I came out."

Answer to critizism from John Carew that Zlatan's moves are pointless. (VG, April 2002):
    "What Carew does with a football, I can do with an orange."

"Is there anything in the world that could stop you from becoming no 1 in the world?" (2001):
    "An injury."

On his move on Stephane Henchoz of Liverpool:
    "First I went left, he did too. Then I went right, and he did too. Then I went left again, and he went to buy a hot dog."

On the question what his girlfriend got when they got engaged:
    "What she got? She got Zlatan."

"Which is the club of your dreams?" (2001):
    "Real Madrid, Barcelona, and I have always liked Inter."

On humbleness:
    "I am like (Muhammad) Ali. When he said he would knock someone out in the fourth round, he did it."

"Who is the most beautiful girl in the world?" (2001):
    "I haven't met her yet, but when I do, I will date her."

The wife one is brilliant.

:D:D:D

Anyone suggest anyother good interviewers (Mourinho obviously)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Not necessarily as hilarious as Ibra, but I've always thought Giggs gave some good interviews

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Ian Holloway, without a doubt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I'd forgotten all about this too.
    The whole England squad (even Alan Shearer!!!:eek:) got me smilling when I heard about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Gordan Strachan..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

"Is your playing style Swedish or Yugoslavian? (TV3 Denmark, 2003):
    "It's Zlatan-style."

:cool:

+1 for Strachan.

Also Dalglish and Roy Keane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Kevin Keegan losing it on Sky talking about Man Utd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Oh wait I can't believe I forgot this:

Oh wait I can't believe I forgot this:

:eek:

If it wasn't for those subtitles, I'd have been sure that he was demanding liebestraum for the fatherland!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

[pedant] Should it not be 'Best Interviewee In Football'?[/pedant] :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I <3 GuanYin wrote: »
    [pedant] Should it not be 'Best Interviewee In Football'?[/pedant] :o

Sorry boss. We are all not as grammatically blessed. We'll try to do better. No wait, thats not right. We will try to do better.:)

bualadh bos más é do thoil é.

• Advertisement

redout wrote: »
    Sorry boss. We are all not as grammatically blessed. We'll try to do better. No wait, thats not right. We will try to do better.:)

bualadh bos más é do thoil é.

Well on the thread title I was expecting a bit of James Richardson or Balligue, not Ibra!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Gordan Strachan..
    +2 on Strachan, the most enjoyable to watch, I loved the times he would attack the interviewer and his knowledge of football. He was always taking the mick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

:eek:

If it wasn't for those subtitles, I'd have been sure that he was demanding liebestraum for the fatherland!!!

A love dream?:confused::p

The Zlatan interviews are great aswell. Only he and Pighead can get away with talking about themselves in the third person!:D

An Citeog wrote: »
    A love dream?:confused::p

The Zlatan interviews are great aswell. Only he and Pighead can get away with talking about themselves in the third person!:D

Maybe Zlatan IS Pighead!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Answer to critizism from John Carew that Zlatan's moves are pointless. (VG, April 2002):
    "What Carew does with a football, I can do with an orange."

That is classic.

Nowhere near Ibra but in one interview in Italy, Totti was asked a question that used the famous latin phrase Veni Vidi Vici upon which Totti stopped bemused and said I'm sorry, I don't speak english

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

+1 for Strachan
    Reporter: Welcome to Southampton Football Club. Do you think you are the right man to turn things around?
    Strachan: No. I was asked if I thought I was the right man for the job and I said, "No, I think they should have got George Graham because I'm useless."

Reporter: Is that your best start to a season?
    Strachan: Well I've still got a job so it's far better than the Coventry one, that's for sure.

Reporter: Are you getting where you want to be with this team?
    Strachan: We're not doing bad. What do you expect us to be like? We were eighth in the league last year, in the cup final and we got into Europe. I don't know where you expect me to get to. Do you expect us to win the Champions League?

Reporter: Gordon, you must be delighted with that result?
    Strachan: You're spot on! You can read me like a book.

Strachan: I've got more important things to think about. I've got a yogurt to finish by today, the expiry date is today. That can be my priority rather than Agustin Delgado.

Reporter: This might sound like a daft question, but you'll be happy to get your first win under your belt, won't you?
    Strachan: You're right. It is a daft question. I'm not even going to bother answering that one. It is a daft question, you're spot on there.

Reporter: Bang, there goes your unbeaten run. Can you take it?
    Strachan: No, I'm just going to crumble like a wreck. I'll go home, become an alcoholic and maybe jump of a bridge. Umm, I think I can take it, yeah.

Reporter: There's no negative vibes or negative feelings here?
    Strachan: Apart from yourself, we're all quite positive round here. I'm going to whack you over the head with a big stick, down negative man, down.

Reporter: Where will Marion Pahars fit into the team line-up?
    Strachan: Not telling you! It's a secret.

Reporter: You don't take losing lightly, do you Gordon?
    Strachan: I don't take stupid comments lightly either.

Reporter: So, Gordon, in what areas do you think Middlesbrough were better than you today?
    Strachan: What areas? Mainly that big green one out there...

Well, what I've learned so far, is that my control over both the English, and German language sucks!;)

Advertisement