Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon- I know this isn't in the right place but...

Options
  • 21-12-2008 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭

Hi! I hadnt a clue where to post this so i just decided to post it here cos i'm from Cork!. Has anyone ever bought anything on Amazon? If so how long did it take to process your payment? It's just i'm after buying my brohter a gift certficate on it last night but it still hasn't processed my payment (have to wait until it does so i can print off the gift cert) i'm kind panicking now. Could it be because it's christmas and so many people are buying stuff and thats the reason it's so slow?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

Hey, I'm not from Cork, but I use Amazon pretty regularly so maybe i can help.

When you say it hasn't processed your payment, do you mean you haven't received the confirmation e-mail? This usually comes through more or less straight away, although I have known it to take a while longer sometimes. I think you're probably right about it slowing down coming up to Xmas. Give it a few hours at least.

Incidentally, did you make sure to check the last order dates?

Edit: Just noticed you're just getting a gift cert, sorry. Last order dates probably don't apply in this case.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I use to buy off amazon regularly but because of them not shipping games here anymore I dont bother,but whenever I did from what I can remember It was usually within the hour or the next day that payment was approved,It might take longer for gift certificates though?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Thanks! Ya i figure that's the reason it's taking so long but i'm still waiting so....like my details are right and everything...oh well just have to wait and see....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

have worked for amazon.

usually gift certificates are sent out within a couple of hours.

the payment process should only take minutes unless theres an issue with your card or if the amazon payment system flags the order up for manual review. (this can happen pretty randomly sometimes for security reasons, and happens more often with non-uk cards)

if its the latter, which it sounds like, then it will go through with 24 hours of placing the order and you don't need to do anything else...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

have worked for amazon.

usually gift certificates are sent out within a couple of hours.

the payment process should only take minutes unless theres an issue with your card or if the amazon payment system flags the order up for manual review. (this can happen pretty randomly sometimes for security reasons, and happens more often with non-uk cards)

if its the latter, which it sounds like, then it will go through with 24 hours of placing the order and you don't need to do anything else...

Thanks the payment went through the next day and i have the gift cert printed and all now - he'd better like it! Happy Christmas to everyone!:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement