Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Liverpool

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

gerrad let off again kicking the ball away :rolleyes: the leverage been an england player gives you in the prem is disgusting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Ardent wrote: »
    Well, kids, this is why Liverpool will not win the league. Another game here for the taking - dominating possession, no Fabregas, Arse down to 10 men - and Benitez's lack of adventure is crippling us.
    Yeah but we still might win the league this year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Almunias goal kicks are shocking. He's played well but keeps giving away possession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Ahhhhhhh - soooo close from El Zahr. Bah. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

ntlbell wrote: »
    gerrad let off again kicking the ball away :rolleyes: the leverage been an england player gives you in the prem is disgusting
    dry your eyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Q2002 wrote: »
    didn't a kidney stone cripple him, meaning he isn't there??

Come on man, get with the program.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Well, kids, this is why Liverpool will not win the league. Another game here for the taking - dominating possession, no Fabregas, Arse down to 10 men - and Benitez's lack of adventure is crippling us.

The man not even in the same part of the country as the team and people are still slating him :rolleyes:

Thought Nasri was great today.

dry your eyes

Your right I've been crying tears of joy since we were crowned the best team in the world this morning, time i stopped :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

He's obviously still calling the shots folks

• Advertisement

deise59 wrote: »
    The man not even in the same part of the country as the team and people are still slating him :rolleyes:
    Do you know what a mobile phone is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

what a waste from almunia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Your right I've been crying tears of joy since we were crowned the best team in the world this morning, time i stopped :D

best soccerball clubside in the world maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

LMAO Ntlbell, why oh why :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Well, game over.

We'll be looking to the Super Toffees to do us a favour tomorrow night.

Delighted with that result from a United POV

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

classy contribution as always.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

Do you know what a mobile phone is?

are you suggesting rafa is calling the shots from his bed whilst watching sky sports?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

p.s.

Two absolutely cracking goals no doubt,
    but I must say, Van Persie's goals was one of the finest strikers goals I think I've ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

dissapointed we didnt go at them a bit more mind you utd were bet here and arsenal bet chelsea away .to sum it up another scrappy performance where have i heard that before come on everton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Great result for Villa and Ade is suspended is for next game :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

despite the circumstances, I think Pool can be happy with themselves, beaten Utd, Chelsea, and a draw at Arsenal: not bad at all

dissapointed we didnt go at them a bit more mind you utd were bet here and arsenal bet chelsea away .to sum it up another scrappy performance where have i heard that before come on everton
    A pool fan cheering the toffees , great post.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,593 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

meh, sending off ruined the game really. No shape after that, worked out better for Arsenal if anything. Dissapointing Liverpool couldn't create more clear cut chances but would have taken a point away to arsenal before kick off. Happy enough.

Arsenal (and the Emirates crowd!) really showed something worth talking about today after the sending off. They showed a willingness to chase and compete, and it was very difficult for us to get anything going for a 15 minute stretch.

Webb was uncharacteristically poor.

I would have been happy with that result before the game, and for a half hour stretch from the 30 min - 60 min mark we were excellent. And then again in the last few minutes we went close on a couple of occasions.

Insua was great today. Babel was muck as usual when he came on. If I could get rid of one player in the upcoming window it would be him. Waste of space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

PHB wrote: »
    p.s.

Two absolutely cracking goals no doubt,
    but I must say, Van Persie's goals was one of the finest strikers goals I think I've ever seen.

RVP'S goal was sublime reminded of a certain other Dutchman who used to play for Arsenal the name escapes me... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I think Arsenal will be happier with the point than Liverpool given the circumstances of the second half. In fairness, they performed very well in the second half and showed more fight than I've seen from them in a while. Might be a turning point............??

Cruijff wrote: »
    A pool fan cheering the toffees , great post.

will make no apologies for cheering them on tomorrow night. although a draw will do me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Samurai wrote: »
    are you suggesting rafa is calling the shots from his bed whilst watching sky sports?

The commentary and (I think) the goal keeper coach constantly on the phone would suggest so. If I managed a club i'd be on the phone all day too. Its not like he has pnumonia(sp?) he's just forced to rest.

Too conservative to be champions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

despite the circumstances, I think Pool can be happy with themselves, beaten Utd, Chelsea, and a draw at Arsenal: not bad at all

Absolutely! 7/9 in the big 4 mini-league!

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Arsenal (and the Emirates crowd!) really showed something worth talking about today after the sending off. They showed a willingness to chase and compete, and it was very difficult for us to get anything going for a 15 minute stretch.

Webb was uncharacteristically poor.

I would have been happy with that result before the game, and for a half hour stretch from the 30 min - 60 min mark we were excellent. And then again in the last few minutes we went close on a couple of occasions.

Insua was great today. Babel was muck as usual when he came on. If I could get rid of one player in the upcoming window it would be him. Waste of space.
    I hate hearing that about Babel, id love to get him back to Ajax till end of the season.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Happy with that result. Can't be many who wouldn't have taken that before the game. With Masch and Torres out a draw away to Arsenal is a good result.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Considering how the match went and down to 10 men, I am happy with the point today, yes we could be 9 points behind come Monday night but I still feel teams will continue to drop points, no outstanding team at the moment.

mayordenis wrote: »
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

i think he means sitting back against 10 men taken off your 30m striker to play out for a draw...

it's pretty obvious what he's saying like..

oh pull your head in, every player is shite and the manager is shite. We get it, every one of your childish moaning griping posts is the same.

i think he means sitting back against 10 men taken off your 30m striker to play out for a draw...

it's pretty obvious what he's saying like..
    Whos 30m Striker , was Robbie 30m???????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

If Liverpool did win the prem, I think they'd be the poorest team to do it in a while.

Cruijff wrote: »
    Whos 30m Striker , was Robbie 30m???????????

22m stg was about 30m e at the time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Ah Liverpool under Benitez show yet again that they are more afraid of losing then winning. At least make an effort to win the game after Ade got sent off.

Van Persie up on his own and they have 4 people marking him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    He is being messed around too much, he is a forward and he is being played on the right side or the left side or anywhere except where he was best before joining Liverpool.

I think he is a very talented player and I think its in his own best interests to get out of Anfield.

I really think Benitez does not have a clue about developing players, who has come through from the youths since he has been there?

Kold wrote: »
    If Liverpool did win the prem, I think they'd be the poorest team to do it in a while.

Bingo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Kold wrote: »

:rolleyes:

eagle eye wrote: »
    He is being messed around too much, he is a forward and he is being played on the right side or the left side or anywhere except where he was best before joining Liverpool.

I think he is a very talented player and I think its in his own best interests to get out of Anfield.

I really think Benitez does not have a clue about developing players, who has come through from the youths since he has been there?
    AAAAAH

Here it is , my first time I agree with Eagle Eye !

copacetic wrote: »
    oh pull your head in, every player is shite and the manager is shite. We get it, every one of your childish moaning griping posts is the same.

Don't cry.

copacetic wrote: »

Ardent's posts are hilarious to be fair. On what can be gleaned from them he doesn't have a clue - but bless, he shows plenty of determination to get his message out. Keep at it Ardent, though you've probably done more than enough to set up that big "I told you so post" you can't wait to write. :)

22m stg was about 30m e at the time

that wasn't the price why would you quote his price in euro?

it was a structured deal worth at very most 20.3 million sterling even back then that was not more that 24/25 million - just shut up.

mayordenis wrote: »
    that wasn't the price why would you quote his price in euro?

it was a structured deal worth at very most 20.3 million sterling even back then that was not more that 24/25 million - just shut up.
    Ya I agree I couldnt understand why he was posting in Euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Rockee wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Oh, very good argument. Not a stupid post at all.

Advertisement