Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rusty Rubber

Options
  • 21-12-2008 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Have been stuck at the books study recently, so my aeg has been stuck in its rifle bag for a while. When I took it out last night i noticed that there was a large amount of what appeared to be orange rust on the rubber buttplate. Any help, suggestions???

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭sean.carolan100

Could be dirt , loged in-between(sp) the groves on the butt plate .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

dont think so, its even on the smooth sides of the buttplate.
    its a green plate btw which is why its so noticeable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

pics? L85?

yeah its an l85
    you can see the orange rusty stuff in the pics( sorry for the poor quality pics, was using a bargain basement camera)
    In the last one you can see the difference between the green checkplate and the buttplate, which was the same green

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Thats odd! I know this might sound stupid but have you tried washing it off? Has anything leaked on your aeg or the bag?

• Advertisement

yeah man the rest of the gun next to it looks fine, it looks like its dyed or coloured, does it change the texture at all of the rubber?

i've rubbed it with my fingers and it kinda comes off, nothing in the bag so im stumped. rubbers not supposed to rust.
    it doesnt affect the running of the gun in any way but from a looks point of view its very noticeable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

I know you want to know what the hell it is, but the best thing I can say is if it's not affecting the gun and it rubs off...Just rub it off and be done with it ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

if the battery goes into the rear of the AEG, have you checked that it isnt leaking?

battery goes in the foregrip in an l85

• Advertisement
Advertisement