Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The next step for me?

Options
  • 21-12-2008 2:00pm

Hi folks,
    I need a little advice on what to do next.
    Can't seem to find a job at the moment and want to gain more qualifications.
    Im just unsure on what to do now.

So far i have:

Level 5 fetac Customer care

Level 2 diploma for IT users E-quals

Level 2 diploma for IT practitioners (ICT systems supports) E-quals

and diploma in Web Design.

Thanks,

Daryl

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

hi daryl,

I have provided training for those courses for FAS in the past so I know the modules inside out. I think that the next logical step would be to complete something like the A+ exam. It is a recognised certifcation (unlike the city and guilds) and it would give you a good grounding where you could then decide what area to branch into - EG hardware or networking etc. Since you do not have a job at the moment you may have some spare time - with some self study it would not take you long to prepare for the a+ given the courses you have already done.

Hope this helps.

hi daryl,

I have provided training for those courses for FAS in the past so I know the modules inside out. I think that the next logical step would be to complete something like the A+ exam. It is a recognised certifcation (unlike the city and guilds) and it would give you a good grounding where you could then decide what area to branch into - EG hardware or networking etc. Since you do not have a job at the moment you may have some spare time - with some self study it would not take you long to prepare for the a+ given the courses you have already done.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks alot for the advice. Ill do that now.

Advertisement