Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH in the last few months

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Kold wrote: »
    It's getting kind of boring in there.

Explain and discuss quoting relevant examples as to why AH should be tailored to YOUR specific requirements??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Feedback forum that way
    >

AH isn't the place for feedback :pac::pac:

Say whut?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Say whut?

WHUT?

Explain and discuss quoting relevant examples as to why AH should be tailored to YOUR specific requirements??

I should have screencapped it this morning. As for it being tailored, AH was designed with the intention of accomodating topics that don't fit in other fora, I'm passing comment on those that do have a better forum to be in. Stop trying to troll me man. You're not good enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

WHUT?

STFU, adults are talking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭jaffa20

SteveC wrote: »
    STFU, adults are talking.

Adult forum that way
    >

I'll let others decide if I am good enough or not.

Either way it's irrelevant.

If AH doesn't suit you, then I suggest you avoid it and post in areas where you may perhaps feel your cerebral expertise is more appreciated.

I'll let others decide if I am good enough or not.

Either way it's irrelevant.

If AH doesn't suit you, then I suggest you avoid it and post in areas where you may perhaps feel your cerebral expertise is more appreciated.

Yeah. OK. Nice one missing the point. You can't argue against nonsense with sense so I won't even try.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Don't mind the Flutt, he's constipated at the moment.

It's for a good cause though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Whats the difference between the old AH and the new AH?
    Just the political bits, is that it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

WHUT?
    It doesnt matter what your name is The%2520Rock.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Asking for no politics to be posted in AH is like asking to Sunday World not to publish political articles. Sometimes the SW is just a funnier read than the Times! ;)

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Can you post a link rebutting the assertion?

I must confess that I thought it was true. I even seem to recall reading a section of an international treaty that mentioned it.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055439489

If in doubt, read the Dublin Regulation itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I would say that the political discussions in AH are the equivalent of the red-top newspapers- y'know, having a good rant without facts getting in the way! :pac: Whereas the politics forum is more like a broadsheet newspaper with actual debate.

In any case, I think it's good to have serious and less serious issues in AH. If the political discussions annoy you, you can start your own threads about light-hearted subjects.

Acacia wrote: »
    I would say that the political discussions in AH are the equivalent of the red-top newspapers- y'know, having a good rant without facts getting in the way! :pac: Whereas the politics forum is more like a broadsheet newspaper with actual debate.

In any case, I think it's good to have serious and less serious issues in AH. If the political discussions annoy you, you can start your own threads about light-hearted subjects.

Heh, K. Gonna go start one now.

How long were you watching those MTV programmes?:cool:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I agree with OP. I've always thought that a "Current Events" forums should be created for discussion of events that are in the news or current in our society - but not recessarily "Political" so not suited to the seriousness of the Politics forum. Yes you may say just put it into the Humanities forum, but lets face it, its doesn't really do what it says on the tin...

I'd even settle for a rename and some better modding in Ah to move appropriate posts there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Zascar wrote: »
    I agree with OP. I've always thought that a "Current Events" forums should be created for discussion of events that are in the news or current in our society - but not recessarily "Political" so not suited to the seriousness of the Politics forum. Yes you may say just put it into the Humanities forum, but lets face it, its doesn't really do what it says on the tin...

I'd even settle for a rename and some better modding in Ah to move appropriate posts there.
    Better modding? We've explained our reasoning, if you've bothered to read any of the thread apart from the original post. How exactly are we failing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Yes, a "Terrible State of Chassis" forum would maybe stop all the politically toned threads in AH, but honest to God, they're about the only ones I read in AH.

I'm bored of peoples "hilarious" anecdotes :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Seeing as little more is said in these threads than "feckin disgrace" or "row row row fight tha powah" would it not be in everyone's best interest to send some of the traffic to the Politics fora?

To be honest, "feckin disgrace" and "row row row fight tha powah" pretty much sums up 90% of AH (the other 10% being traveller bashing and telling people that their mother has failed).

Also, the boards.ie revolution was started by Terry in AH, so I'm guessing that more politics is a welcome change on the part of the moderators.
    Karoma wrote: »
    So, is your complaint that AH is too political or that Politics is too boring?

I think he's saying AH is too boring.
    AH facilitates threads on political matters and current affairs that are more rants than actual debates. i.e. Pub banter / waffle.
    If there's an increase in these sorts of threads, then it's as you say: Sign of the times, etc. and a sign that the average boardsie is growing older (Maybe not wiser).

I think it's because whereas before economics and politics were in the background, now joe boardsie is confronted on a daily basis by talk of recession, negative equity, hedge funds, public sector cuts and increases in the national debt. If nothing else, the political & economic threads in AH seem to me to be as much about "Aren't you sick of hearing about [insert topical event]" as they are about "Don't you like/dislike [insert topical event]".
    Overheal wrote: »
    Politics Forum is like the serious business forum. It feels as if you dont know what your talking about that you arent welcome in the discussion - most of the ongoing discussions by the regular posters assume a certain level of trivia that not everyone that wants to post in there is going to be up to par with. Like that whole refugee/asylum business - people seemed to be either asking or assuming which way the system worked and they got roasted it.

To be honest, I'm increasingly of the opinion that the Rec and Soc channels are like the yin and the yang of boards. I just don't understand half of the stuff in Rec (why does every forum have "regulars" who post in the bar/lounge/general thread and talk about how much they dislike the regulars of another fora) and when I post there other people don't seem to understand me. Similarly, Rec posters can find that their rants go down like a lead ballon when posted in a soc forum. Posters who usually post in Rec fora tend to get left field answers to their questions, but rarely have their posts picked apart and questioned. In Soc it's usually the reverse.

I guess that's just the way of it though Soc is for serious posts, Rec is for chat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

so I'm guessing that more politics is a welcome change on the part of the moderators.

People need to stop listening to me when I'm drunk (7pm to 4am daily).

7pm.. that late!!!!

Yeah, the Panadol and anti depressants Terry is the voice of reason.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

How exactly are we failing?

Cos you're locking very funny threads. Just Cos. Just cos you feel like it. Or the thread was started with a guy claiming to have a large cock.

I speak of this latest lockdown.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055450192

Time to get a life lads.

(and a sense of humour)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Cos you're locking very funny threads. Just Cos. Just cos you feel like it. Or the thread was started with a guy claiming to have a large cock.

Time to get a life lads.

(and a sense of humour)

If there were a crap mysogynistic variant of the Cuckoos nest available we would have moved it there man. Just because there is not currently a forum for those type of threads does not mean that AH is it.

If there were a crap mysogynistic variant of the Cuckoos nest available we would have moved it there man. Just because there is not currently a forum for those type of threads does not mean that AH is it.

It should have been moved to Humour.

What about this thread? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=58414700#post58414700

Very irresponsible Modding letting this get to three pages.

It should have been moved to Humour.
    So you admit it doesn't belong in AH?

If you have an issue with a thread, report it. I will not entertain any more of your drivel in this thread.

So you admit it doesn't belong in AH?

If you have an issue with a thread, report it. I will not entertain any more of your drivel in this thread.

I didnt move it to AH.

You posted that in Films? For **** sake man, have you no sense at all?

Hungus: Damnit boy, that's a paddlin'.

Use your other thread, we don't need to drag this one off-topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Time to get a life lads.

(and a sense of humour)
    Seriously, you thought that was funny?

At this stage you have gone beyond trolling.

I'm not going to take any more crap in AH.
    Mess up once more and you'll be banned for a very long time.

Advertisement