Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin - Open for Christmas

Options
  • 21-12-2008 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, just a thread for those who may have forgot the Paxo or the Bisto for the Christmas dinner, its the time of the year that some shops might be open for a few hours over the days.

If you have seen a notice in your local shop or supermarket giving their opening hours over Christmas, could you post the information here. Some shops stay closed on St. Stephens Day, and may not open until Monday, so if you know, please post here.

You never know, you might save a husband's stuffing! :)

To get the ball rolling, Tesco...

http://www.tesco.ie/opentimes/default.htm

In brief, all stores close from 6pm Christmas Eve, some are open St. Stephens Day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

DMC wrote: »
    all stores close from 6am Christmas Eve
    pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

K & A store at the front of St Teresa's Gardens usually opens for a few hours on Christmas day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

In the Townsend St/Pearse St Area. Colm's (a local shop situated on Townsend St) will be open for about 4 hours on Christmas. There's a few Spar and Centras around but i don't know if they are opening.

Some of the larger filling stations on outer arterial routes open on Christmas Day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Yeh, filling stations. That is, the busiest ones are open, i popped into a few over the years on xmas day when driving around for essentials:) (N2 Glasnevin/Violet Hill do be open)

Kinda weird how the whole country shuts down on xmas day, even the shop lights do be turned off!

So Tesco is open from 10am on St Stephens day, surprised at that, had always thought it was Sunday hours on that particular day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

There are a few muslim run shops around Leonards Corner that are open christmas day .. afaik..

and the Texaco shop in lucan is open all day..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

The spar on ellis quay does be open, theres also the topaz in citywest just off the n7, and theres another just 2 mins from Jobstown on the n81

bealbocht wrote: »
    There are a few muslim run shops around Leonards Corner that are open christmas day
    I don't think they'll be impressed if I call looking for a ham!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

bealbocht wrote: »
    There are a few muslim run shops around Leonards Corner that are open christmas day .. afaik..

Ye think two at Leonards Corner are open.

Superquinn is open late on Christmas Eve afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

My local Centra (Springfield, Tallaght) opens Christmas Day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

Does Tesco not open. THought it was 24/7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Centra Dame St and Spar Westmoreland St were open last year

Zatman wrote: »
    Does Tesco not open. THought it was 24/7
    Usually the ones that normally open for 24 hours close at 6pm on Christmas Eve.

(See link on 1st post ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

The Centra in Rathmines (opp the old Stella Cinema) had a sign up today that it would be open 9am to 7pm Christmas Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭trellheim

the garage on the tallaght bypass is usually open 24/7/365 [ the one opposite the Spawell ]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 epkdub09

I don't think they'll be impressed if I call looking for a ham!

Too funny! LOL
    And hello to all. I'm new to the board; have been looking for a few things among which also what is open in the city if anything for the next couple of days (new to Dublin too) so decided to register since this board looks like a great source of info. Thanks everyone for sharing.

epkdub09 wrote: »
    Too funny! LOL
    And hello to all. I'm new to the board; have been looking for a few things among which also what is open in the city if anything for the next couple of days (new to Dublin too) so decided to register since this board looks like a great source of info. Thanks everyone for sharing.
    Welcome! :)

Welcome! :)

Thanks very much and Merry Xmas to you and yours! :)

Forgot to add that I will be checking the city later today and will post if anything worthwhile is open! LOL sounds like we live in a desert at the moment..... :P

Just to say that O'Neil's on Dame St. is open today the 26th.
    I hope everyone is having fun! :D

• Advertisement

epkdub09 wrote: »
    O'Neil's on Dame St.
    O'Neill's is on the junction of Suffolk Street/Church Lane off College Green. Dame Street doesn't begin until after the junction with Trinity street. ;)

O'Neill's is on the junction of Suffolk Street/Church Lane off College Green. Dame Street doesn't begin until after the junction with Trinity street. ;)

True. I didn't want to be too "obvious". ;):o
    I suspect several pubs in Temple Bar will be open tonight as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭stanley1

Temple Bar :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kavanadb

So when do all the retail shops open up again? i suppose it'll be busy in town tomorrow?

Advertisement