Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox connection problem

• 21-12-2008 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I have a problem and need some help. When i run the test xBox live connection the xbox cannot connect to my wireless network. It was working with a sweex router (but i reset the password of that on line and screwed it up - i'm not a techie and should have ignored the fact that others could access my router). Anyway i'm using a Mac Airport Express with a WPA password which I have entered correctly over and over again and it still won't work. Any ideas out there? PS I can connect fine when i remove password protection from my router but that's not the answer i want.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Dexterm99

Might be a dumb question, but are you sure the key is correct?
    Can you connect to it with WPA on from a PC?

Also, try using 128 bit WEP with a different key and see if that works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 docklands13

Thanks for the response. I'm sure the key is correct.

I can connect to it with WPA on from this Mac, so it surely works.

Can you please post a sample 128 bit WEP ('cause I don't actually know what that is - yes i'm a dunce), i'll alter it a bit and try it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

well,you should check what secuirty type encryption(wep wpa wpa2) the xbox uses in xbox settings and check to see you are using the same type on the router,i know its a diferent machine but it could be the same fix, the bro had the same trouble when setting up his ps3, ps3 woudnt connect to network and after much fiddlin around with it it turned out the ps3 was only compatible to wpa settings iirc,it worth a try and if all else fails just reset the router to factory settings and set it up the way you had it again

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Dexterm99

Thanks for the response. I'm sure the key is correct.

I can connect to it with WPA on from this Mac, so it surely works.

Can you please post a sample 128 bit WEP ('cause I don't actually know what that is - yes i'm a dunce), i'll alter it a bit and try it.

WEP will encrypt your data. It's not as good as WPA or AES but is good enough to secure your system from most intruders apart from the really determined.

In your wireless router config, select 128 bit WEP encryption if you can. A password with 13 characters should be strong enough but you can enter one up to 24 characters I think. There are password generators out there which can do a good job against dictionary attacks so you may want to use one of them.

Anyway, keep it simple, then change to a stronger password when you get it working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 docklands13

Thanks for the help guys - i'll keep at it .

• Advertisement
Advertisement