Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canope suggestions..

• 21-12-2008 3:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭

I need a few ideas for canopes for xmas morning, I am having a big gang to the house xmas morning and need some easy and fast recipes.

Anybody recommend something easy and tasty?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Pate, cheese, crackers/melba toast/swedish toast/other crunchy things.
    Also think about smoked salmon/cucumber slices/cream cheese.
    Sliced boiled eggs with mayonnaise.
    Cut scallions on the diagonal to garnish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Brown bread and salmon is a sure-fire hit on Christmas morning.

Figs wrapped in parma ham

Chorizo sausage fried off with tomato & onions with crusty bread

Croissant dough with pesto & mozerrella, rolled into a "swiss roll", sliced and baked for about 8 minutes.

Take a whole brie or camembert, slice it in half, sprinkle the cut sides with fresh herbs, then put them back together & bake for about 15 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

thanks guys..

I was thinking salmon & brn bread..
    also have my selections of crackers and cheeses"!!
    Going to do the cheddar, pineapple & pickled onion on a stick (retro)

the figs & parma would go down well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭sensitive_soul

I know Christmas if over but lets continue this thread, canapes fascinate me!

This year I made small triangles of soft flour tortilla topped with guacamole and red pepper relish dot on top.

Home made melba toast: pop a slices of bread in the toaster on low heat....dont toast til brown, let them go hard then take them out, crusts OFF, then you'll find it easy to cut one slice of bread in half, your knife will glide in between the 2 hard sides and you get 2 skinny slices..... pop all the slices (cut into to smaller 1" squares/quarters) on a baking sheet and grill till curly and brown, then top with your fave topping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

I did....
    (good) Black pudding on a toasted disc of brown bread with a slice of Wexford cheddar cheese and finished with a dollop of cranberry sauce.

It works brilliantly and looks pretty impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

bruschetta is always good.

cocktail sausages too but roast them in honey and mustard.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

MJOR wrote: »
    cocktail sausages too but roast them in honey and mustard.

...or Worcestershire sauce :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

...or Worcestershire sauce :)

love that

Advertisement