Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Year's Eve in Cork?

Options
  • 21-12-2008 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭

I'm having trouble finding information on any events on in Cork City on NYE.
    Does anyone know of anywhere decent to go that night?
    Not restaurants, bars or nite clubs would be more like it.

I'd usually go out in Dublin for NYE and get tickets in advance to somewhere decent, rather than end up stuck in some kip at 23:00.

I'd one good New Years in the Opera House in Cork before, something along those lines would do rightly but there's a JackL concert on there this year.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Freakscene masquerade ball. It's on in Gorby's (I'm assuming you are familiar with Gorby's)(Actually, it could be in the Savoy for NYE. Damn my poor memory) every year. Not sure if there are any tickets left for that though. Supposed to be good aenough craic all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Pulsar Eagle

What else is happening in the city on the night???

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 137 ✭✭Pi^2

Rumour (fact) has it, the students centre in UCC is being turned into a NIghtclub for New Years for bout 1000 debating delegates from all over the world. Dunno how easy it would be to just waltz right in though...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

My mate is working in the student centre, says it's the Philosophy Ball. He'll be making €22 an hour for stewarding it. :eek:

I'd prefer to do that, going out for New Years is sh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Russellcruie

hmm good one

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement