Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - just dropped camera and it wont work right now

Options
  • 21-12-2008 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭

Hi there
    I just dropped a camera from waist level onto a rug and now if I take a photo there is all white light lines and other lines across the photo.
    Its an Olympus FE-140.
    Does anyone know if this can be fixed or did I brake it ? The menu button doesnt work either but it does seem to still make videos ok and the quality is fine for video.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mjsmyth

I had issues with an Olympus FE 240 (sat on t and broke the screen) and got in contact with Olympus. I sent it back and it was fixed free of charge. It took a couple of weeks, but it was better than having to buy a new one.

Email them @ customer-support@olympus.uk.com.

This is the reply I got from them:

"Please send the item only, without any accessories such as batteries, chargers, leads, etc. unless specifically requested to do so by a member of Olympus staff. Package it to Post Office standards and forward it by secure post, (such as Registered Post or Special Delivery) or courier to the following address;

Olympus Service Department
    PO Box 2288
    Watford
    WD18 1JS

Include a brief description of the fault, either in letter form, including your return address, or by downloading the Repair Form from the Olympus website."

Advertisement