Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Authoring

• 21-12-2008 5:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here do dvd authoring on a pc? I have used lots of different dvd authoring programs but they all seem to be buggy eg ulead videostudio, ulead dvd moviefactory, nerovision and a few others i cant remember

i do a lot of authoring and i usually have to use one program it crashes and then i have to use another. There is nothing worse than spending a couple of hours editing it then starting again on some other software. The stuff i author is mainly stuff i edit in premiere which i then export as an avi.

I have never taken the time to use the harder ones like adobe encore or sony dvd architect too much but i would if someone here recommended them and said they were reliable i would start using them

I know someone with a mac and they never have any bother i am thinking of throwing out my pc and getting a mac

Does anyone else have the same problem or am i doing something wrong or is there something wrong with my computer?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

I use Adobe Encore CS3 and haven't had any problems. The provided templates aren't great though. There are tutorials on the net which would help you through the process - download the trial version and you have it for 30 days. It looks daunting at first but once you've got a good tutorial it's a piece of cake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

reece wrote: »
    I use Adobe Encore CS3 and haven't had any problems. The provided templates aren't great though. There are tutorials on the net which would help you through the process - download the trial version and you have it for 30 days. It looks daunting at first but once you've got a good tutorial it's a piece of cake

Isnt there a limitation on encore where you can only import avi's? I mosty export avi's from premiere but sometimes i need to capture from minidv.

Advertisement