Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rock band 2

• 21-12-2008 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Where would be the best place to buy this with just the guitar ?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Game and instruments are sold separately - there are no bundles like Guitar Hero.
    The Rock Band 2 instruments aren't available yet as far as I know. You'd be better off waiting for those....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Damo 236

So u gotta by the Rock Band game and the Guitar Hero instruments ?

You can't buy guitar hero instruments on their own (only bundles).

Alright thanks for the info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Nope, everyone says rock band is better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Damo 236 wrote: »
    Nope, everyone says rock band is better.

For once 'everyone' is right. RB is leagues ahead of Guitar Hero :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

not all that impressed with rb2 i have to say, song selection is very mediocre

Download some more off the marketplace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Damo 236 wrote: »
    Download some more off the marketplace.

then id have to pay money

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    then id have to pay money
    But at least u would have more songs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭Rochie IRL

RB2 is the way to go, Granted the setlist is pretty pants until you download more but the game and equipment is way better.

Don't know about the RB2 gear (I don't think its out here yet) but I'd take the GHWT Guitar and Drums over the RB1 equivalents any day.

RB2 (with RB1 tracks imported) + a few hundred downloadable tracks makes for a great selection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

The guitar controller for GHWT is great, but Rock Band II setlist is sooooo much better, i bought GHWT and i'm pretty appalled at the tunes on it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Just as a thought ... Not that I'd be recommending it, or anything. But... Say you were to rent RB1, then buy RB2 can you just redownload the RB1 songs to RB2 thereby boosting your playlist, or do you need the RB1 disc to download the tracks to RB2?

Purely hypothetical, you understand...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

hypothetically yes!

you would need the disc to export the songs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

it cost 400 points to import tracks from RB1 to RB2 just for the reason stated above. But 400points for 80 tracks ain't bad. And yes once you have RB2, you can rent RB1 and import the tracks. gives you 160 tracks off the bat. Only thing is with that many tracks it takes forever to finish the world tour.
    But its not really a game about finishing it, its one of those that instead of putting on a CD to listen to, load up RB and play a few instead of just listening. Interactive listening more or less! lol
    I'm going one step better this year. Because of RB I've decided to try and learn the real electric guitar. I guessed that since GH and RB etc came out I've spent 100's of hours playing and trying to beat them on expert. Maybe if I spent half the time practicing with a real guitar I might learn to play that instead. not saying I'm going to be the next clapton or anything. But might be able to play a bit with enough practice.

Advertisement