Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I complained to Eircom about my '7mg'.....

Options
  • 21-12-2008 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭

.......and it seems they've fixed it. Well, for the past week my speeds haven't gone below 5.5.

Hope I haven't jinxed it now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SamandFrank

well done but i dont mean to bring you down or anything your only getting 5.5 not 7. so they may have fixed it but badly. but if your happy thats the main thing

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

well done but i dont mean to bring you down or anything your only getting 5.5 not 7. so they may have fixed it but badly. but if your happy thats the main thing
    Erm, most people can't get much higher as eircon decided against using ADSL2, 5+meg seems to be a alrite speed to get after this "upgrade", only people living beside the exchange can realisticly get the 7.6meg

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭casey jones

yoyo wrote: »
    Erm, most people can't get much higher as eircon decided against using ADSL2, 5+meg seems to be a alrite speed to get after this "upgrade", only people living beside the exchange can realisticly get the 7.6meg

Nick

ADSL2+ has been completed in more than 100 of the largest eircom exchanges to date.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

ADSL2+ has been completed in more than 100 of the largest eircom exchanges to date.
    Yes, but not used by the 3-7.6meg upgrades, theres a huge thread about this with complaints,

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Are all newly enabled exchanges on ADSL 2?

Someone from UTV ran a test on my line and said it was capable of at least 12mbits, is this standard enough?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

7 milligrammes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Update: still getting good speeds. hovering just below 6meg. They said they'd send out an engineer, he never arrived, but the problem is solved nonetheless.

note: the customer service feller I soke to originally was really good, said things like 'well, you're not gettin what you paid for, that's not good enough.....' during a fairly long conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

towel401 wrote: »
    7 milligrammes?

HA!

Almost took drugs tbh.....

Advertisement