Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetarian Burgers

Options
  • 21-12-2008 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

I have just had a Linda McCartney burger and it was really awful. uggghhh

Does anybody know of a meat-esque vegetarian burger for sale in Ireland?
    That doesn't leave that nasty taste in your mouth?

In America they have Amy's Kitchen burgers which are excellent. Anybody heard of anything similar here?

PS Tescos are gross too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Camarague wrote: »
    I have just had a Linda McCartney burger and it was really awful. uggghhh

Does anybody know of a meat-esque vegetarian burger for sale in Ireland?
    That doesn't leave that nasty taste in your mouth?

In America they have Amy's Kitchen burgers which are excellent. Anybody heard of anything similar here?

PS Tescos are gross too

amys kitchen not available here? it loks like a great range of foods
    suits my diet too as i dont eat eggs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I can't recommend any vegan burger's i've tried.

I look forward to trying http://www.vegeque.com/about-us but haven't a notion what they'll be like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Kiddynamite

Oh god those Linda McCartney ones are awful, they sweat and everything, horrible things but I don't really mind the tesco ones. The quorn ones are quite bad as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

If only I could find where Eddie Rockets get their veggieburgers- they are gorgeous (in a trashy fast food kind of way), still by far the best I've come across in Ireland, even compared to more expensive restaurants!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The best ones I find are the ones like sosmix. Delicious! I like some cheap brand as well, can't recall the name. 1.79 for 4, but they are very thin so I'd eat them all at once.

• Advertisement

The best ones I find are the ones like sosmix. Delicious! I like some cheap brand as well, can't recall the name. 1.79 for 4, but they are very thin so I'd eat them all at once.

Vegetarian Choice is the brand you mean Tar. Though I'd say your tastebuds are much unlike a normal person's ;) Those burgers aren't my cuppa tea!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

The Veg Choice ones have a bit too much cardboard in them for me. They're ok but I prefer the Tesco or Dunnes soya burgers. Linda Mc's are indeed vile.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I suppose all burgers motly taste of sauce to me!
    I find Linda's pretty terrible unles I put it on a pizza that I am making, then they are awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

The Dunnes ones aren't that bad? They're not exactly amazing either though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Know thery are not along the same line a Linda Mcs burgers but I think it birdeyes that do a nice potato based veggie burger and on a side not Burger Kings bean burgers are so yummy! They are also pretty easy to make at home, just load up on loadsa beans and breadcrumbs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

Would have to agree with Tar. The sosmix burgers (and sausages) are delicious. You should give them a go if you can still get your hands on them :pac:
    if not there are other packets I've seen lately that're similar, as in sachets that you mix with water and fry etc. Don't think they're vegan though so I don't know first hand but my sis says they're yum.
    I Think the brand is called Granoise and it's in a green box.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

The veggie-burgers in Govindas make me wretch, although everything else they made is normally A1.

Would have to agree with Tar. The sosmix burgers (and sausages) are delicious. You should give them a go if you can still get your hands on them :pac:
    if not there are other packets I've seen lately that're similar, as in sachets that you mix with water and fry etc. Don't think they're vegan though so I don't know first hand but my sis says they're yum.
    I Think the brand is called Granoise and it's in a green box.

I've seen two brands other than sosmix, one is vegan, have a look out. :)

I've seen two brands other than sosmix, one is vegan, have a look out. :)

I'd lost hope for a sosmix substitute, I'll definitely keep a look out. Thanks :)

It's the just wholefoods ones that I saw which are vegan.
    http://www.justwholefoods.co.uk/

:)

I shall be hitting Nourish and Holland & Barrett after work then:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

These guys are new and they are delicious - i tried them at a food expo in RDS a while ago - they are really gorgeous and this comes from a meat eater!

http://www.vegeque.com/

darc wrote: »
    These guys are new and they are delicious - i tried them at a food expo in RDS a while ago - they are really gorgeous and this comes from a meat eater!

http://www.vegeque.com/

*drool* the spicy bean burger looks delicious, Awwww I'm starving:(

OK, I went to visit the Organic Supermarket in Blackrock, Co. Dublin today (first time). I pretty much went in search of the Veg-E-Que burgers. Sadly, they aren't in stock there yet, but the guy working there said that they are expecting them, but the provider hasn't even given a date as to when they are to get them. We must wait!

They had a few things on their shelves... inc. the burger mix by Just Wholefoods! €1.95. They had the banger one and falafal box there too. :)

Update from the maker of Veg-E-Que burgers (Deirdre Collins):
    Just to give you an update; new packaging is being finalised at the moment and the burgers should be available in shops late January/February.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Nando's in Dundrum have YUMMY veggoe burgers...get it in the pitta....drool!!!

but for home use the soya ones from health food stores are usually good too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Select Stores in Dalkey has lovely veggie burgers, homemade, chilled or frozen, prefer homemade myself, eat in or take away
    What's in them, beans, tofu, nuts? And what sort of price?

Advertisement