Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overcharged with AIB laser card.

Options
  • 21-12-2008 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm new to this forum so please be gental.

Yesterday (saturday) I was in town and I bought myself a lovely new jacket for christmas. As I went up to the till to pay for it I realised I didn't have enough cash to pay for it so I handed over my A.I.B. laser card. I noticed the transaction took a little longer than normal but I didn't think anymore of it untill I got home. I checked my internet banking to see that I was charged double what the price of the jacket was. ( for ex, the jacket was €420 and I got charged €840) Now I checked the recipt and it say's €420, and I only entered my pin once. I have checked online for information but I can't find anything. Who do I go too, should I ring A.I.B. or should I go back to the shop. Any info is greatly apprecited, cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

ring AIB and they might be able to reverse the transaction if not the money will be credited back to your account in 14 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

amcalester wrote: »
    ring AIB and they might be able to reverse the transaction if not the money will be credited back to your account in 14 days.

Ok, I'll ring them first thing tomorrow morning. Thanks a million for the reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Ring them up now. Try 01 2695022. The sooner you report these things the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I had the same problem with a AIB laser card. I went back to the store with a printout of the online transactions and they refund my card on the spot.

Well I rang AIB there and they said that the fastest way to get it sorted is to go back into the shop tomorrow with a printout of my account and the recipt. He said that if the shop doesn't cancel one of the transactions then to ring back and they will do it for me. Anyway, thanks again for all the help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

These errors are always sorted out quickly in the shop. Really no need to contact the Bank at all.

Well just to update, I rang the shop today and explained the situation to them. They rang me back about an hour later and said that they where after checking there records and they are only after reciving payment once ( in other words €420) So now I have to go to my local branch and find out where the other €420 has gone to. Its not too bad now though once I know where to go and what to do.. Thanks again for all the help.

Advertisement