Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone LCD on phone not working correctly

Options
  • 21-12-2008 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a display landline phone - a BT Relate 1500 - if that means anything re the answer to my problem.

Fresh batteries have been put in and connected to the line and power point. Problem I am facing is when I finish the outgoing call and put the handset down, the display still shows the dialled number. This shouldnt happen. When I pick up the handset to make another outgoing call, I get the dial tone and dial the new number and I am connected as normal - however the previous dialled number (s) remain on the display but do not interfere with the seting up of the new call.

The only way to remove the dialled digits is to turn off at the mains.

No buttons seem to be damaged or stuck. The hook switch must be working as I do get a new dial tone when I pick up the handset to make a call and that it also cancels the call as well.

I am on Talktalk in the UK if that is important.

Other than binning the phone - its still a tidy phone -what can be the solution?

Any tips / help appreciated

Regards,

HPMan

Advertisement