Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a big drugs problem in Cavan?

Options
  • 21-12-2008 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if there is a big heroin problem in Cavan? I was up in Dublin at the weekend and a couple of friends were telling me that they had been reading that Cavan had a huge problem with junkies.

Now I have been living in Cavan since July and I have havnt seen anything that would lead me to believe that there are any heroin addicts around. In Dublin you would see it every time you were in town and you would see addicts and pushers openly dealing in various parts of the city. Havnt seen any beggars or people openly dealing and I definately havnt seen anybody looking like they were out of their head on Heroin(or any drug for that matter) Is it a case that is only in certain estates in Cavan and not as openly seen as it would be in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I'm here 5 years and I've never even talked to anyone that had direct experience with either dealers or people who even use it.

I'd not say its a big problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Virginia Cavan, on paper has a drug problem. Never been there myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Its no worse than anywhere else in the country, if you want something its not hard to get it but if you don't want anything then nobody will annoy ye!

Advertisement