Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop cannot see mywireless network

Options
  • 21-12-2008 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

I have two laptops wirelessly connected to my D-LINK router

Now one of them cannot see my wireless network (its a medion MD96015) but it can see my neighbours wireless network and i have uninstalled and reinstalled the wireless lan driver, the other laptop(an old dell Latitude) works fine.

right now its right beside the router and giving me the

"No wireless networks were found in range"

the old Dell is connected to the interweb wirelessly right now

Could i or the missus have changed something that only affects the medion laptop?

Rgds
    D.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

pogcica wrote: »
    I have two laptops wirelessly connected to my D-LINK router

Now one of them cannot see my wireless network (its a medion MD96015) but it can see my neighbours wireless network and i have uninstalled and reinstalled the wireless lan driver, the other laptop(an old dell Latitude) works fine.

right now its right beside the router and giving me the

"No wireless networks were found in range"

the old Dell is connected to the interweb wirelessly right now

Could i or the missus have changed something that only affects the medion laptop?

Rgds
    D.

Did you ask here ie she did anything?:)

Is the wireless switched on on the Medion?

Have you tried changing the wireless channel to a lower no that the dlink uses?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

sometimes laptops have a physical switch for wireless.

If you never use it, you tend to forget about it.

Happened me a few times that I somehow flicked to off, and had your kind of problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

Thanks for the replies,

i did the old system restore trick and its working fine again.
    It was a strange one as it could see my neighbours wireless connection just not my own,

Maybe it was the missus:)

problem sorted now

Rgds
    D.

Advertisement