Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Are You Reading?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

You would love Fight Club then!!..contains all of the above!

Loved Fight Club.
    CardHolder,what's your favourite of his?
    Taht's the funny thing about school. The "Nerds" always go further in life then the "mad ladz".

Yeah but the nerds tend to be stressed a lot more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Tbh I would be considered the nerd in my class.

True.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Futurism wrote: »
    Loved Fight Club.
    CardHolder,what's your favourite of his?

Yeah but the nerds tend to be stressed a lot more.

That's because the nerds are afraid of failing, for the "mad ladz" this is a requirement.:P

Now readin Hidden soldier by Padraig O'Keefe. Heads up to whoever reco'd it to me, can't remember who it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

That's because the nerds are afraid of failing, for the "mad ladz" this is a requirement.:P

Now readin Hidden soldier by Padraig O'Keefe. Heads up to whoever reco'd it to me, can't remember who it was.
    Ha man thats was me I was just gonna ask ya did ya get it!,He's some tough cunt though isnt he?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 room18

I am reading the Kite Runner..brilliant book :)

• Advertisement

Ha man thats was me I was just gonna ask ya did ya get it!,He's some tough cunt though isnt he?:eek:

Read it in 1.5 days it's that good!Ye and brave wouldn't want to be a secruity fella in Iraq... they do get like 1000 a day tho

Read life in the ffl by Ewan something. Is good and honest.

Reading the The Great War of Civilisation by Robert Fisk or Frisk. He interviewed Osama bin Laden 3 times, brave bastard.
    The book is good so far, only have 1200 pages to go!!!

room18 wrote: »
    I am reading the Kite Runner..brilliant book :)

Ye I'm half way through that is good n sad.

You should read A Thousand Splendid Suns aswell it's writtn by the same fella, is real good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭bricky10

You should read A Thousand Splendid Suns aswell it's writtn by the same fella, is real good too.

Is that the follow up of the Kite Runner? :rolleyes:

bricky10 wrote: »
    Is that the follow up of the Kite Runner? :rolleyes:

No it's about two birds but it is still good... I'm only halfway through the kite runner but I personally preferred A Thousand...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

The Kite Runner is brilliant, loved it!

Also amazing is the Book Thief....I cried lol :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Amy33

Frank Skinner's autobigraphy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

Was forced to read the Twilight saga, just finished Pride and Prejudice for the auld Leaving Cert next year *yawn, boring* Really fr1gging hate it! I have a tendency to start a lot of books, like The Great Gatsby, and Star of the Sea, which is actually really good so far. That's about it really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

I'm between books at the moment, haven't read anything good in ages:( anyone got any suggestions?

*giggles* wrote: »
    Was forced to read the Twilight saga

I was forced to watch the film the other night, if there's any greater torture than the books,it's that!

I'm between books at the moment, haven't read anything good in ages:( anyone got any suggestions?
    Anything thats not Twilight.

Agent Of Evolution A biography of Bill Hicks,Great book you should check it out if you know the comedian!

Anything thats not Twilight.

Agent Of Evolution A biography of Bill Hicks,Great book you should check it out if you know the comedian!

Well, that much is a given in fairness.:rolleyes:
    new library just opened down the village, going down for a look on tuesday,maybe they'll have the Bill Hicks book.....
    think I might give fight club a try as well...

Well, that much is a given in fairness.:rolleyes:
    new library just opened down the village, going down for a look on tuesday,maybe they'll have the Bill Hicks book.....
    think I might give fight club a try as well...
    Well I got the Bill Hicks book in my library so I'd say they will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Schindler's Ark - The "Shitrag in disguise" Irish Independent finally gives me something worth reading.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

cautioner wrote: »
    Schindler's Ark - The "Shitrag in disguise" Irish Independent finally gives me something worth reading.

Got that at home too, looking forward to reading it over the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

I've been on Amazon making my summer reading list.
    Its pretty epic...
    It's a little sad that reading is one of the things I'm most excited about for after the LC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Currently reading Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut, pretty cool so far!

banjopaul wrote: »
    Currently reading Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut, pretty cool so far!
    What is that about I've heard about it all the time!

What is that about I've heard about it all the time!

Hmm good question. Basically about the firebombing of Dresden during World War II. Vonnegut was there as a private in the American army, so it's an anti-war novel, but its got a mix of alien abduction/time travel/general insanity thrown in as well!:D I read it because I was told it was like Catch 22, which I loved. Give it a go sure!

F*cking love Catch-22! Must check that out.

Yeah Catch-22 is a brilliant book, the second I finished I went back to the start and went through it again!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

I think I have a subconcsious obsession with the Holocaust. I've just realised the last 3 books I've read are The Diary of Anne Frank, The Reader and now I'm on Schindler's Ark.

Hmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭quoteunquote

I've read about 5 Neil Gaiman books in the last few days. Neverwhere was probably my favourite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Finally finished Dantes 'Inferno', which I was supposed to read for my christmas exams but didnt finish until now! I'm reading 'Love in the time of Cholera' now which is already one of my favourite books.

• Advertisement

cautioner wrote: »
    I think I have a subconcsious obsession with the Holocaust. I've just realised the last 3 books I've read are The Diary of Anne Frank, The Reader and now I'm on Schindler's Ark.

Hmm.

Worst book ever. Can't understand the hype. I know the circumstances under which it was written are amazin g but it's incredibly boring

Advertisement