Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Are You Reading?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I've about 50 pages to finish in the Inferno, but I've already started to read Dubliners by James Joyce. Was supposed to study it in English last year, only read a small fraction of the stories...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Just started to re-read the Master and Margarita and just forgot how brilliant it is!!! :D

Anyone else read and love this book??

no. i've not really heard of it as a book before, but i do love a song of the same title, so i can only imagine that it's a reference to the book. what's the book about?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Re-reading the John Peel auto/biography (Margrave of the Marshes), when I think of a dead celebrity I'd like to have met, its him, he has a sense of humour, had such an impact on the music that we listen to today...............Gah I wish I met him, I went to see Muse in Wembley Stadium Zane Lowe was doing a DJ set, and he played some sample of him in the middle of some song, was ridiculously cool.

(Reading some of the other possible titles for the book, "How's Your Flow" "Jesus Wasn't made of Fish" and my personal favourite "A History Of The Iodine Trade 1847-1902")

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    Haha, my bad! So is the Night-time one good?!!!

Yeah its a really good read, very unique in the way that it is written, from the perspective of the boy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

geography book, ah i love the desert biome and horrible history(well actually i think its called horrible science or future, its like an offshoot of the horrible history book) ah i love them, was reading what the world will look like in years to come.

a prediction we will all live in massive skycraping apartments, in ireland tho i somehow doubt that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I just finished Breaking Dawn (Twilight series) and have just started Twilight. Again. I can't help myself, I just love it.

Next on the list is To Kill A Mockingbird, have never read it.

I love the His Dark Materials, has anyone read the other Philip Pullman series, the Sally Lockhart ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

misslt wrote: »
    I just finished Breaking Dawn (Twilight series) and have just started Twilight. Again. I can't help myself, I just love it.

Next on the list is To Kill A Mockingbird, have never read it.

I love the His Dark Materials, has anyone read the other Philip Pullman series, the Sally Lockhart ones?

ah nostaliga. nice book, bit boring at times but good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

I'm now reading
    God Is Not Great by Christopher Hitchens
    and
    The Egyptian Book Of The Dead
    Both are awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

I. NEED. LITERATURE.

I got 3 books for Christmas and since then haven't read for pleasure at all. I saw a review of a pop-science neurology book in the Times that looked really good but it wasn't in Eason's when I was :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

well, im nearly finished my four books that were supposed to last me a couple of months, in less than a week.

i really need to get a job. and now, i also need to get a library card for sydney.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte.

Really not as bad as i expected. In fact, I like it.

Current wishlist:

The Kingdom of Infinite Space - Raymond Tallis.

Darwin's Island: The Galapagos in the Garden of England - Steve Jones.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky.

Need moneyz :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭EmoMatt15

Misery by Stephen King

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Lately all I have time to read are school textbooks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭RHRN

EmoMatt15 wrote: »
    Misery by Stephen King
    First Stephen King book I ever read, still love it.

I'm reading:
    The God Delusion - Richard Dawkins
    Origin of Species - Charles Darwin
    Anathem - Neal Stephenson

RHRN wrote: »
    First Stephen King book I ever read, still love it.

Its my first Stephen King book too, and so far its excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Accidents of Nature by Harriet McBryde johnson

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Charlie Brooker's Screenburn

Bought it on Saturday and I'm glued. I've done no homework this weekend as a result, but it's so worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I'm currently re-reading the Twilight series. I cant help it. I'm completely smitten :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Nightwish wrote: »
    I'm currently re-reading the Twilight series. I cant help it. I'm completely smitten :o

oh aye!
    jacob or edward?

jacob or edward?

I prefer Jasper!! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

T-shirt wearing member of Team Edward :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Im reading The Road by Cormac McCarthy and Rose Madder by Stephen King and a biography of Ho Chi Minh weirdly!!:confused:

Im reading The Road by Cormac McCarthy and Rose Madder by Stephen King and a biography of Ho Chi Minh weirdly!!:confused:

Best book I've read in months.

Nightwish wrote: »
    T-shirt wearing member of Team Edward :D
    Ah get out,get out!!!!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Neverwhere

haha funny.

I'm on Checkmate....the last of the twilight series.

All I can say about it?Load of CRAP! Series is awful. My problem is once I've started reading a series like it, I have to continue....even if its crap, I just want to know what happens in the end.

Waste of my precious time though. (Maybe thats why its taken me so long to read.....)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Isn't the last book called new moon or something? Not checkmate anyway.

cautioner wrote: »
    Best book I've read in months.
    Yeah, definitely!not one for the kids though!!:eek:

• Advertisement

Neverwhere wrote: »
    haha funny.

I'm on Checkmate....the last of the twilight series.

All I can say about it?Load of CRAP! Series is awful. My problem is once I've started reading a series like it, I have to continue....even if its crap, I just want to know what happens in the end.

Waste of my precious time though. (Maybe thats why its taken me so long to read.....)

That's exactly what happened to me - me then-girlfriend was mad into those books and convinced me to get them. I always have to finish a series too, sucks balls money-wise.

Advertisement