Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Are You Reading?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Namlub wrote: »
    Holy crap Norwegian Wood is good

Just thinking of starting that! In fact I'll start right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Still have to finish that book^^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Finished 'The Tenth Circle' by Jodi Picoult a while ago, really good read! The storyline is fantastic.. :)

On to the House Of Night series now, currently reading 'Marked' and can't wait to work my way through them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Yupik wrote: »
    Finished 'The Tenth Circle' by Jodi Picoult a while ago, really good read! The storyline is fantastic.. :)

On to the House Of Night series now, currently reading 'Marked' and can't wait to work my way through them. :)

They start well but...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Am currently reading.....

Red tears by Joanna Kenrick`(spelt that wrong I think)
    The life and times of the thunderbolt kid by Bill Bryson
    And... the Rage novel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

decisions wrote: »
    They start well but...
    I generally don't like to slut shame, but that main character is a slut! I love how everyone acts like she's totally in the right by being a
    slut and it's her boyfriends who have control issues for not wanting to be cheated on
    . I believe there was a plot in there somewhere, but good luck finding it underneath all the sluttyness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Just finished The Prince. Fantastic book, very insightful and concise. Next up is either Lolita or Candide, not sure. Excited about both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

376805_10150532172692586_707537585_11604386_151145366_n.jpg
    This amused me. And seeing as the final Eragon book is out today, it's quite fitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

The God Delusion - Richard Dawkins

Anybody have any recommendations for a good fantasy book/series for when I finish TGD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

A Song of Ice and Fire...brilliant series (even though i'm still stuck on the first book)

• Advertisement

A Song of Ice and Fire...brilliant series (even though i'm still stuck on the first book)

thanks, I'll check it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

MUST.
    GET.
    INHERITANCE.

I just finished 'A Tale of Two Cities' (amazing!) and I'm currently racing through 'One Day' in order to finish it fast enough to read Inheritance the second I get it. Which hopefully will be Saturday. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I found the end of Norwegian Wood very unstatisfactory
    Reiko? Dear God why?
    but yeah...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Having a hard time resisting that spoiler.

I saw Inheritance in H&F yesterday. Going to get it this evening, I'm ditching the book I'm reading at the moment. I'm just so excited!

I tried to start reading the prince, but I was not enjoying it at all. Gonna reading breaking dawn instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Midway through Lolita, it's excellent. Twisted, but excellent, and beautifully written.

Okay, so I'm gonna buy/start A Book Of Thrones tomorrow. Has anyone read The Black Magician trilogy by Trudi Canavan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

Okay, so I'm gonna buy/start A Book Of Thrones tomorrow. Has anyone read The Black Magician trilogy by Trudi Canavan?
    To this date. One of my personal favourite triolgys o.o I love all 3 of the books. In my opinion they are amazing books.

marko93 wrote: »
    To this date. One of my personal favourite triolgys o.o I love all 3 of the books. In my opinion they are amazing books.

Same, I really loved them! I haven't met anybody else who's heard of them, so I was wondering if they're popular or not! Have you read the sequel series?

• Advertisement

Started A Game of Thrones earlier today, I'm only on chapter 4 but it looks promising, it's definitely a page-turner!

I just finished re-reading Harry Potter, now I'm gonna start all over again :D
    If the tale of Dumbledore has taught me one thing, its that even the best of us can make the biggest of mistakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

Same, I really loved them! I haven't met anybody else who's heard of them, so I was wondering if they're popular or not! Have you read the sequel series?
    Sequel series? No? DO TELL

marko93 wrote: »
    Sequel series? No? DO TELL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Traitor_Spy_(novel_series)

I haven't read them yet either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'm currently attempting to read food and beverage management. It's wild.

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I'm currently attempting to read food and beverage management. It's wild.

Good plot? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Working my way through 4 books simultaneously at the moment.. Tis an awful habit of mine to do that.. :o

Kathy Reichs- Monday Mourning
    The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
    The Picture of Dorian Grey
    Lord of the Flies
    The Catcher in the Rye

Indiego wrote: »
    Working my way through 4 books simultaneously at the moment.. Tis an awful habit of mine to do that.. :o

Kathy Reichs- Monday Mourning
    The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
    The Picture of Dorian Grey
    Lord of the Flies
    The Catcher in the Rye

Got yourself some classics there :P Catcher in the rye any good? I'm reading... since my reading changes day to day...Notes from a big country by BillBryson, which is superb, and The very large history of MI5.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I'm still making my way through War & Peace, relatively quickly. It's just so long that it feels like I'm not making any progress. I love it though. I've really started to appreciate Tolstoy's language, he makes great analogies. And the version that I have has notes on the various historical figures throughout, which makes the book even more amazing because it's so historically accurate. A lot of the inner monologues, especially of Pierre, relate to Tolstoy's own thoughts about life and death.

Anyway to try and stop myself from getting too frustrated at the length of War & Peace, I'm going to read The Great Gatsby in between, because it's pretty short and is supposedly one of the greats.

And I started a book called An Unsung Hero. It's about Tom Crean, one of the Antarctic explorers that went with Shackleton. I skimmed through it years ago, and was amazed by his story, they were real men. Seriously hardcore!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

1Q84.gif

Pretty good so far but I'm only 100 pages in

Advertisement