Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Are You Reading?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

marko93 wrote: »
    Was going to read it, just seen such bad opinions about it and was like :eek:

I didn't find it half as bad as people say! I did actually really like it. Certain things maybe ended a little bit too quickly or had kindof ambiguous endings, but I think it fit in with the mood of the series. So basically: read it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

I didn't find it half as bad as people say! I did actually really like it. Certain things maybe ended a little bit too quickly or had kindof ambiguous endings, but I think it fit in with the mood of the series. So basically: read it. :)
    Will do boss! Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Finished the bell jar. It was actually really good, Plath has now taken her place as one of my favorite writers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

cloud493 wrote: »
    Finished the bell jar. It was actually really good, Plath has now taken her place as one of my favorite writers :)

I started reading that last night :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Finally tracked down the rest of the Dark Tower books and got the series finished. Quite epic and brilliant but King still can't write endings to save his life.
    read somewhere online that there's a new dt book coming out soon so little jump for joy was had.

• Advertisement

Indiego wrote: »
    I started reading that last night :)

Which bit you up to?

Which bit you up to?

The second page... *cough* I started reading it at like 1am.. Kinda fell asleep :o

:rolleyes: Ah its fairly short anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Clash of Kings - George R.R Martin!

:D The excitement of season two of Game of thrones :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Just finished Hunger Games. I LOVE IT!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo for a bitta light reading, it's good enough but it goes into sooo much detail about everything. Good god.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MyNebulosity

I started Madness and Civilization by Michael Foucault. Pretty good so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Hey everyone!

Currently attempting to read the first Harry Potter book in Irish. :D So far I've managed two pages... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

started reading one day :) only on the 6th chapter but i'm loving it already :)

Just finished 'The Picture of Dorian Gray' - amazing! Loved it.
    Have just now started 'Brave New World'. It's weird, but interesting, but nicer to read than 1984 was!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Midnights Children is spectacular so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Read On The Road awhile ago, was really good. Unfortunately it really made me want to..er...drink...some tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

^ Yeah, made me want to travel too. It's strange (/brilliant) how there are people like that in real life.

Started Ulysses the other day and it's easy going thus far but I've been snowed under with assignments and stuff so I'm still well away from reaching the third chapter where things apparently get a bit trickier. Hopefully I can find a day or two to just immerse myself in it.

^ Yeah, made me want to travel too. It's strange (/brilliant) how there are people like that in real life.

Started Ulysses the other day and it's easy going thus far but I've been snowed under with assignments and stuff so I'm still well away from reaching the third chapter where things apparently get a bit trickier. Hopefully I can find a day or two to just immerse myself in it.

I got 150 pages into Ulysses and realised I actually hadn't the faintest idea what was going on, so I gave up. Never had to give up on a book before, it now sits on my bookcase and mocks me :/ Shall have to give it another shot in the summer...

Just bought 'Salem's Lot. Gonna start it now, hopefully it's good.

May seem like a stupid question, but what's the best bookshop in dublin town?
    Gonna venture out tomorrow :3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

marko93 wrote: »
    Just bought 'Salem's Lot. Gonna start it now, hopefully it's good.

May seem like a stupid question, but what's the best bookshop in dublin town?
    Gonna venture out tomorrow :3
    I'd recommend Chapters on Parnell street, upstairs has a great second hand collection, its great for cheap books and dust

Lawliet wrote: »
    I'd recommend Chapters on Parnell street, upstairs has a great second hand collection, its great for cheap books and dust

Thanks! I'll certainly check that out :)

I bought the first Hunger Games book yesterday, and I've finished it already :o One of the rare books that I simply just cannot stop reading :P

Chapters is the best shop ever <3

Chapters is the best shop ever <3

Agreed!

Lawliet, I love you and I hate you at this moment. My first trip cost my 25 quid or so. Only from the Sci-Fi section... :o The Book at the bottom is a Shakespere collection which my girlfriend bought

6893906581_ea4f470718_z.jpg
    IMG_20120217_194416 by Marko93101, on Flickr

6893906377_9c9c34f87e_z.jpg
    IMG_20120217_195958 by Marko93101, on Flickr

I love chapters.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

How much was the Shakespeare collection?

How much was the Shakespeare collection?

An entire 15 euro..

People should move to Dublin just for chapters :3

• Advertisement

People should move to Dublin just for chapters :3

Or at least come up to spend a day thrawling through all of the books they have. Hidden gems upstairs and some amazing bargains downstairs.

Advertisement