Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Are You Reading?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

The Black Dahlia by James Ellroy... Tis pretty good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

I finished Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas this morning instead of going to lectures:pac: I enjoyed it but maybe it wasn't quite as good as I hoped. Has anyone seen the film? How do they compare?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

bah, finished the galaxy at the end of the universe. wasn't half as good a read as hitchiker's guide, up until the very last chapter, i was starting to really get into it and then...nope. gone. over. *puff*

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Reading a book for sociology essay I've to do, Its called 'Quest for Excitement:Sport & Leisure in the Civilising Process'. If you have an interest in sport and history, this is a really good book, although as its aimed for moe academic reasons, that may detract from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

yerayeah wrote: »
    I finished Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas this morning instead of going to lectures:pac: I enjoyed it but maybe it wasn't quite as good as I hoped. Has anyone seen the film? How do they compare?
    Ive never read the book but buggery I do love the film. Johnny Depp is a legend in it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Neverwhere

Stephen King -- Tommyknockers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

Gossip Girl - You know you love me
    And
    Beowulf - Seamus Heany Translation :)

they cancel each other out really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Ive never read the book but buggery I do love the film. Johnny Depp is a legend in it :D

I think they complement each other quite well actually, the whole drug thing is something that's really well expressed visually, but at the same time Thompson's an amazing writer. That bit about the wave breaking is done very well in the film

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    Gossip Girl - You know you love me
    And
    Beowulf - Seamus Heany Translation :)

they cancel each other out really

Ah yes, debit and credit reading, I'm on Caleb Williams and some crappy PD James murder mystery myself :D

the celestine prophecy - an adventure.

a mate gave it to me. apparently, a few years ago, he moved out to the australian bush living pretty rough, and a combo of that and this book changed everything for him.

so he gave it to me.

aaaaaaaaaaaand it's starting to really really affect the way i think and the way im viewing my life. it's intriguing and kinda scary but im loving this book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Im reading Fight Club By Chuck Palahunik..well i think thats how you spell it!?
    and World War Z By Max Brooks which is one of them books that i dont wont too end!

paluhniuk? something silly like that :pac:

i loved his lullaby one, and dammit, i know there was another one i read before i left the library...

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

I have been reading less and less lately, need to get back into the flow of things.

Anyone got any good books to recommend, I enjoy anything containing humor/suspense/plot twists/ philisophical

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I'm gonna try and read An Béal Bocht this week end.

Should be "Fun"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

i really should get around to reading the grass is singing... seeing as the leaving is getting quite close... i'll try over easter, it's just so damn depressing!

I have been reading less and less lately, need to get back into the flow of things.

Anyone got any good books to recommend, I enjoy anything containing humor/suspense/plot twists/ philisophical

You would love Fight Club then!!..contains all of the above!

Theft by Peter Carey, one of the best books I've read in a long while, highly reccomend it to all you lovely people.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

You would love Fight Club then!!..contains all of the above!

Chuck Palahnuik just so happens to be my favourite author.
    Fight club is one of his best,although they are all great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭RHRN

Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck and goin back after a failed attempt to Neal Stephenson's Anathem

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

juno and juliet by julien gough! not the kinda book i read but it has been cracking me up, i am also reading the polican brief at the moment... bit of a strange mix!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I'm reading A Short History Of nearly Everything By Bill Bryson.Recommended to me by Cautioner in the library!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 frizzle-frazzle

richard adams-watership down

one of the greatest books ever :D

I'm currently reading two books:

"Magician" by Raymond E. Feist, recommended by my bother. It's really good.

"Please Understand Me" by David Keirsey and Marilyn Bates. It's about character and temperament types, and very interesting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Dracula
    I'm looking for tips. The vamps are everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

Dreams From My Father - Barrack Obama

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Nothing. Reading is for NERDS!!!

By giggsy664

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

giggsy664 wrote: »

By giggsy664

How charmingly ironic...

A thosand splendid suns by Khalid Houzzeni, finished it and it is class.

At the moment readin The Kite Runner by the same fella

giggsy664 wrote: »

By giggsy664
    Yeah?
    Well,a nerd will probably be your boss when your older.

Yeah?
    Well,a nerd will probably be your boss when your older.

Taht's the funny thing about school. The "Nerds" always go further in life then the "mad ladz".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

Taht's the funny thing about school. The "Nerds" always go further in life then the "mad ladz".

Amen to that!:cool:

Advertisement